We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

problem/quirk when searching Swindon Restaurants?

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
486 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
problem/quirk when searching Swindon Restaurants?

I've been writing a few reviews about local restaurants in the Swindon area. There are over 100 listed in the area and go in via the main Top Hotels, Things To Do, Restaurants listings but if you just search quickly as 'Swindon' and use the left hand 'Restaurant' search is lists just 5 random offerings. Don't know why and might well put people off? Perhaps it always happens and I'm only noticing as it's my local area?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,527 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: problem/quirk when searching Swindon Restaurants?

Hi Sarah;

When using the search bar at the top of the page, it uses the keywords that you enter. If you only enter the word "Swindon" in the search bar, it will only return restaurants or hotels with the word included in their names, such as "Swindon Hotel" or "Swindon Restaurant".

It is always best to go to the destination page, and then click on the green "Restaurants" button on the left side of the screen.

Best Regards

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
486 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: problem/quirk when searching Swindon Restaurants?

That explains why it's never happened when I've used it when searching an unknown destination/town and gone through the main info pages!

Thanks for the explanation.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,527 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: problem/quirk when searching Swindon Restaurants?

You're Welcome !

4. Re: problem/quirk when searching Swindon Restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2013, 10:26