We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why no response to my review ??

Leicester, United...
1 post
Save Topic
why no response to my review ??

i recently joined the ranks of reviewers and left what i deemed a very accurate account of a stay i had at the Brant Inn (leicester).

now, i understand there is a review process TP has to deem whether a review is non-derogatory/inflammatory, but my review was best part of two weeks ago, with no sign of it being posted yet. If as i suspect it is still being looked at by TP, why have i not been told so, and why there is a delay ???

Torremolinos, Spain
Level Contributor
13,990 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: why no response to my review ??

Hi there

Check out the following response as it's a standard i give to this question as it's the most common ;-)

It contains all the information you need to know about the process and how to contact TA should you need to (blue hyperlinks)

tripadvisor.co.uk/…38058634

CB

Edited: 30 January 2012, 14:25
UK, Hursley
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: why no response to my review ??

It seems that there is a more generic problem at the moment. instead of saying, well it can take 2 weeks, it might be a good idea for TA to check what is going on. There seems to be a considerable number of people who experience delays and no action currently.

I find it especially frustrating if at the same time I get regular emails encouraging to write more reviews.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: why no response to my review ??

Lets just look at the math for a moment. Say, 11,000 posts daily. One recent change is that now, all photos need to be looked at by a TA Staff member (to ensure that they meet photo guidelines) and there's the goal of all reviews meeting guidelines. I think we all want to know that the reviews are genuine. This can mean that we wait while photos are looked at or there's a delay as the auto-filters put a review aside as part of the process to ensure it meets guidelines.

This is a free site; yes, we all contribute but we all get a lot of help planning trips. I'd rather wait and have have a higher percentage of reviews that meet guidelines.

L4

Edited: 30 January 2012, 16:15
4. Re: why no response to my review ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2013, 10:32