We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pending after 10 days

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Pending after 10 days

Hi

Can anyone tell me why it has taken nearly two weeks for one of my reviews to go from pending to posted?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pending after 10 days

Reviews can be posted in as little as a day, but can also take a few weeks depending on TA staff workload. TA receives an average of 11,000+ reviews per day.

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/when_will_my_review_b…

In case TA sends you a verification email, make sure TA has your correct email address and that no mail from TA gets caught up in your spam filter. You have to click on the link in the email to confirm your review. If you don't click the link in the email within the stipulated time frame your review will be deleted.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,380 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pending after 10 days

Hi Hans

I wrote several reviews on the same day and most were posted after a few days - one is hanging. I had this problem before with a negative review and in fact it never got posted.

I am starting to worry about the validity of TA. Why do my negative reviews take so long?

Perhaps I am cynical

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pending after 10 days

The vetting process is semi-automated. Some reviews are flagged for manual vetting and so takes longer time. Also if you added photos to your review it usually takes longer time.

TA do not care whether your review is positive, negative or indifferent as long as it is not violating review guidelines. A quick search through reviews will verify that.

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/our_guidelines_for_tr…

4. Re: Pending after 10 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:16