We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multiple Reviews for one home?

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1 post
41 reviews
Save Topic
Multiple Reviews for one home?

Recently My family and another family went in on a rental home in Florida. My question is One house, One trip, multiple families can we leave more than one review?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,424 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multiple Reviews for one home?

Welcome to the Support Forum!

Please note that this forum, like all other TripAdvisor forums, is primarily member-to-member assistance.

That is a very good question! For its own listings -- accommodations, restaurants and attractions -- TripAdvisor allows a review per member per visit.

Reviews for vacation rentals (listings on Flipkey and Holidaylettings that are automatically fed to TA), however, are handled a bit differently as guests need to be verified. I doubt that two families staying in the same place at the same time will be allowed to write separate reviews but it'll be worth asking TripAdvisor directly. You can contact them with this form:

www.tripadvisor.com/ContactUs…

Silvia

Edited: 15 March 2012, 03:08
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multiple Reviews for one home?

I've been reading through the review help pages and I don't see anywhere that says that more than one review can be done on a single property for a single stay. it only says that a single person cannot review a property twice, unless they are staying there more than once and there has to be a period of time (3 months maybe) that has to elapse before the next review can be done.

currently having an issue with my review not being publish.. my sisters has been, but mine not, for the same property.. we stayed together as 2 families.. but my review is a bit more comprehensive than hers.. however, her name is on the rental agreement. but I had to state that when I send my review in... but know one, not even TA, has responded to my request wanting to know why the review hasn't been publish..

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,424 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Multiple Reviews for one home?

The review were never that specific. I believe they say one review per member per stay. Husband and wife staying in the same hotel room, unless the guidelines changed, can both submit a review.

But vacation rental reviews, as you know, are different. Verification of the stay is required. Unlike reviews for other businesses that need to be submitted within 12 months, if I recall correctly, you have 24 months to submit a vacation rental review (this was spelled out in the old help center but I couldn't found it in the new help center).

Let's see if TA_Jeanine sees this thread and let us know if verification for these reviews can be made based on a rental contract signed by a different person or if only the person who signed the contract can write a review.

Silvia

Luxor, Egypt
Level Contributor
2,220 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multiple Reviews for one home?

I complained, once, about a review for a property where the reviewer actually stated that they HADN'T stayed at the place they were reviewing! It was a FlipKey property, and the review appeared on both there and on TA.

My complaint was batted away with the statement that a reviewer had only to sample the owners service in some way in order to leave a review!

It makes a nonsense of the whole system, in my opinion!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Multiple Reviews for one home?

Well interestingly enough.. they have added my review, but taken my sisters review away.. added just today.. we both stayed there, we both have opinions.. so I'm not sure what the issue is.. and yes, I do understand that with a vacation rental you would need to verification of the rental agent or owner .. AND.. firmly believe that you need to have stayed in the location to be able to review it.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,424 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Multiple Reviews for one home?

For all accommodations (and other listed business) you need to have a customer experience to write a review (a customer experience is not defined as a stay, you can review service that make you decide not to stay) with the exception of vacation rentals which require verification by the owner or receipt.

For vacation rentals, If you rent and sign a contract, prepay, arrive and the property is totally different than described and what you saw in the listing photos, I would think you are entitled to write a review even if you decide to leave and stay elsewhere.

Silvia

7. Re: Multiple Reviews for one home?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 04:19