We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review removed

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Topic
Review removed

I recently had a review removed from the site. I read the terms of service and felt it complied so I asked Tripadvisor to explain the reason the review was pulled. After two weeks I still have not received a reply.

I also notice that the restaurant I reviewed has had at least four other reviews pulled in the last few months.

I await your reply before I continue to use this site.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,760 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Review removed

Hi Aronnax150;

Is this the method you used to contact TA staff ?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Best Regards

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Review removed

I, too, had a review removed of a facility I stayed in..... awful place..........and the review was removed. What is happening, Trip ADvisor?????????????????

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Review removed

Reply # 1 still applies.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
63,641 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Review removed

>.What is happening, Trip ADvisor?<<

This is a forum with replies from regular TripAdvisor members, not staff. The best way to contact TripAdvisor_ReveiwStaff and ask about your review is to follow the instructions in Reply #1. Allow 5 - 7 working days for a reply. If you don't hear back from them, check your e-mail spam folder.

You also might want to read this information linked to the Top Questions in the upper right: "My REVIEW was posted and then removed. WHY?"

South Pole
Level Contributor
1 post
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Review removed

On February 27 2013 I got an e-mail from TA telling me that they had published my not-so-positive review about an agriturismo in Tuscany. It was up there for a while, but last week I discovered that it was gone.

I have contacted TA - as instructed - but did not receive an answer. The agriturismo at present has only positive reviews.

I've also contacted them with the question why they disabled my daughter's account. Likewise; no answer.

First of all, I think it is rather strange, to use a mild word, that TA just removes a review like that, without even informing the writer.

Second of all, I think it is rather rude that TA does not answer e-mails.

I am a senior contributor, and have used TA often. But I'm having second thoughts now and am seriously thinking about contributing anything more to TA is this is the way they work. Shame on them!

With regards,

Lotsofpeppers

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,760 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Review removed

>>"...but last week I discovered that it was gone. I have contacted TA..."<<

Hi Lotsofpeppers;

During busy periods, such as summer, it can TA staff as long as 7 business days to reply to you.

Make sure TA has your correct email address and that no mail from TA has been caught up in a spam folder in your email system.

Best Regards

7. Re: Review removed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 07:19