We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

Essex In The UK
Level Contributor
149 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

Last week i used the show prices button on the "Hotel Cambrai a Paris" page to book through booking.com, it links to the wrong hotel (Campanile Hotel Cambrai) for booking and i know have spent £72 on hotel that is no where near Paris and is also non refundable, thanks for that.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

Hi mitze90,

Just as an FYI, I'm a member like yourself.

Yes, I see that link problem and what a drag. Perhaps you can get a refund from booking.com. I'd suggest you contact them and ask for a refund and also contact TA and let them know about the inaccurate link.

While the heading isn't specific to your issue, you can still use the contact link:

tripadvisor.ca/help/making_search_results_si…

At the bottom of the blurb, you'll see: Didn't answer your question? Contact us. Click on Contact us and let them know what's happened. I hope this link is fixed soon and you can get a refund from booking.com.

L4

Edited: 07 May 2012, 21:19
Essex In The UK
Level Contributor
149 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

Luckily the hotel where good enough to cancel the reservation.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

That's great. I'm wondering if you reported the problem to TA?

L4

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,082 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

Hi mitze90;

I hope that you've reported the problem to the hotel as well as booking.com.

Best Regards

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

Hi mitze90,

Thanks so much for reporting this and I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm glad that the hotel allowed you to cancel your reservation.

I've reported this bad link to our team that can help fix these links and asked them to address it asap.

Kind Regards,

TA_Jeanine

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

Thanks Jeanine!

L4

Essex In The UK
Level Contributor
149 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

Thanks, I did of course report it to everyone. I just hope nobody made the same mistake and hasnt realised yet! Could be in for a shock.

California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

The same thing happened to my daughter!

She wanted to book a hotel in paris for 7 days, but ended up booking a place in La Rochelle!

The worst thing is tripadvisor doesn't even provide a customer service number where you can reach a real person, nor there is contact email you can send a letter to.

I'm not going to let this go if I don't hear from them within 3 days. I'll have my attorney contact them and I'm going to spread the words about this via bloggers, social media gurus, etc.!

California
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

The same thing happened to my daughter!

She wanted to book a hotel in paris for 7 days, but ended up booking a place in La Rochelle!

The worst thing is tripadvisor doesn't even provide a customer service number where you can reach a real person, nor there is contact email you can send a letter to.

I'm not going to let this go if I don't hear from them within 3 days. I'll have my attorney contact them and I'm going to spread the words about this via bloggers, social media gurus, etc.!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Page Links To Wrong Hotel!

Jpoz...

You're daughter did not book through TripAdvisor. They do not book or sell travel at all. Your daughter may have clicked a link to an online travel agent and was then no longer on the TA website.

It is true they do not have customer service numbers or email for booking problems because that is not a service they offer.