We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your Voting System

Shreveport...
7 posts
Save Topic
Your Voting System

How do your voting system work? I thought it was fair, but it's seem like top contributors control trip Advisor, 1 reviewer is not the same as a senior reviewer with a certain amout of reviews? and some places on this site are not restaurants.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,122 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your Voting System

Hi awilliams40424;

Every user's supplied content is just a worthy or equal as any other user's.

The "top contributors" badge means nothing. It is only a label, based on the number of reviews the person has submitted.

tripadvisor.ca/help/what_do_the_different_co…

www.tripadvisor.ca/InfoCenter-a_ctr.badges

Just as all accommodation listings (hotels, motels, B&B's, hostels, etc.) are listed under the heading of "Hotels", all food related business is listed under the "Restaurant" heading.

Best Regards

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,798 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your Voting System

Hi and welcome to the HUMTAB forum

It is however the wrong forum I am afraid - if you read the “Sticky” at the head of this page it will explain to you what the true purpose of this forum is

Questions such as this should really be posted on the support forum - see link below for future use

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAd…

Anyway, to answer your query can you expand on your comment as all users are equal

TA lists hotels/resorts, etc as well as attractions and restaurants

Edited: 09 May 2012, 14:41
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,924 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
3. Re: Your Voting System

Topic moved to TA Support

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your Voting System

How do your voting system work

=======

There is no voting system. I am at a loss to understand why you would think there is one.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,798 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your Voting System

Unless they are talking about "Helpful Votes"

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your Voting System

Could be , didn't think of that.

7. Re: Your Voting System

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 02:16