We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,619 posts
5,729 reviews
Save Topic
All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

Have browsed through the TA Review help section and am not sure how to send this system error to TA Admin. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

It seems that one of the TA Listing in Hong Kong, Airport Express, has had all reviews wiped out this morning.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294217-Activiti…

Although it is an odd attraction, I can't imagine this was intentional to erase all the reviews that had been inputed for this listing. This might, thus be a system error in need of being reported to TA admin and support, I'm just not finding the right mechanism to do so.

Any recommendations? Thx, -bradjill

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
1. Re: All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

Hi BradJill,

I asked and our listings team removed Airport Express because this was not a tour company, it was just transportation-- transportation sevices are not considered attractions.

Hope this helps!

TA_Jeanine

Petit Clamart...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

Say dearest TA_Jeanie. Why were my reviews completely removed overnight?

Thanks,

HS

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,926 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

TA_Jeanine,

Sorry to jump in this thread to ask why is then "Transportation" a Type of Attraction option in the Attractions listing page?

tripadvisor.com/pages/getlisted_attraction_n…

I have seen many companies providing airport transport listed on TripAdvisor, while they may offer tour services too, their main business is airport transport as indicated by all the reviews posted.

I'm all for TA listing airport transfer companies. They may not be 100% attractions but it is a service that many members prefer over taking an airport cab.

Silvia

Petit Clamart...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

Oddly getting NO response from TA regarding my "missing" reviews. Truth be told I was hard on a few properties but you should have sen these hotels. Good Lord!

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
5. Re: All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

Hi Silvia,

We are going to be going through the lists and removing transportation services from the dropdown. We agree that they are helpful services, and may soon be adding more categories for things like that. But our Attractions list is strictly for things that people can do for a fun/interesting time on vacation. Transportation does not qualify as a fun thing to do (with sincere apologies to my son who would ride buses all day every day on vacations).

We will also be looking at the existing attractions and we will be removing things that are just Transportation. If they also do Tours, they'll be moved to the Tours category and can remain.

@HaniSalaam, It looks like L4 helpfully gave you the right link (in his comment #10 of your previous post "Had over 8 published reviews") to contact our reviews team and ask them to look into this for you.

Thanks and I hope this helps!

TA_Jeanine

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,926 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

Jeanine,

You said "We will also be looking at the existing attractions and we will be removing things that are just Transportation. If they also do Tours, they'll be moved to the Tours category and can remain."

Now, here is my question, as I see this also happening with tour companies that offer day tours as well as multiple tours.

What happens then when members review the transportation service part of the tour company business or multi-day tours of a tour company also offering day tours? Are the reviews allow to stay even though the member's experience is with the business line that is not qualified for a listing?

Thanks

Silvia

Petit Clamart...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

Thanks TA_Jeanine... never experienced a scenario where ALL my reviews got schwacked at one time! :(

Will report back as soon as I hear. Thanks again.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,397 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
8. Re: All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

Hi Silvia,

Using the example you gave, if the review is primarily about the transportation service part of the company (and the reviewer is not commenting on a single day tour) then we would not publish it.

If the review primarily relates to a single day tour but comments briefly

on the transportation service part, we would publish it. The review needs to

be substantially about a property/attraction we would list.

Hope this helps!

Jeanine

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,089 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

and theres me thinking TA was a Travel website and important things to travellers like airport transfers would be listed ,but it seems not.

i can of course list as many cheese shops and spas as i like but a useful and indeed nessesary service like transfer companies i can't.

Edited: 16 May 2012, 22:06
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All Reviews for a TA listing have disappeared this morning

Jeanine,

Then TA need to take a serious look at the reviews for tour companies in Nepal.