We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ranking

Merseyside
1 post
Save Topic
ranking

we have just had 3 reviews in the last week but our ranking is still the same, how do we move up?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ranking

Questions or complaints about matters that pertain only to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business or property owners, should be posted in the Owners' forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048…

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,236 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ranking

Hi William:

This is the Support forum which is for answering general questions about using the Trip Advisor site.

Matters that pertain only to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business or property owners, should be posted in the Owners' forum, details of which can be found at this link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k50560…

Oswego, NY
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ranking

I try to understand the ranking system. I watch 2 B&B's in Oswego, NY. One has 2 excellent and 2 very good reviews. The other one has 4 excellent and one very good reviews.

The one with the 2 excellent and one very good is ranked number one????

How is that possible???

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ranking

"the ranking system." There are at least 3 in use on all listings - I'll assume you are referring to the popularity index.

The index takes into account how old the reviews are. Older reviews count for less than newer reviews. They do not give out the actual method of calculating them because that would give people who wish to game the system information to cheat.

5. Re: ranking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 10:15