We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I change my public profile name?

California
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How do I change my public profile name?

Right now, my public profile shows tripadvisor.com/member/XXX. I want to change the XXX part. How do I do this? If I am not able to change my public profile, then I would like to know how I can delete my TripAdvisor account and all my submissions.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I change my public profile name?

On your public profile on TripAdvisor, your profile shows as: OurDistantJourney and there's a picture of a fellow in a green shirt speaking into a microphone. Did you want to change this?

When I look at your public profile, it shows this: www.tripadvisor.ca/members/OurDistantJourney

Are you wanting to change your username?

L4

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
99,754 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I change my public profile name?

To change your screen name to a Friendly name, check out this link:

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/how_do_i_change_my_sc…

California
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I change my public profile name?

Yes, Luckyfour. I would like to change from OurDistantJourney to dvansoye. Can you help me with that?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,123 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I change my public profile name?

Hi ODJ;

Follow the link that my esteemed colleague bellagio posted in his reply, #2 above.

Best Regards

Manchester, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I change my public profile name?

Hi I would like 2 post as rachyxxx if its available amylou is my middle name I'd like to use my first r have you anything available with Rachael? Thanks

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,849 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I change my public profile name?

Hi amylou049

Follow that same link that bellagio offered in Reply #2 last June. That is the best way to contact TripAdvisor staff for assistance with your account. Everyone on this forum is a regular member like you and does not have any access to the inner workings of TripAdvisor.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,822 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I change my public profile name?

Hi there rachyzxxx - to - be!

Click on your user name under your avatar where you will see "about me" in the left side bar. Click it open. Click on "edit" to the right side of the pale green bar for "about me."

Now in the left sidebar click open the blue print "account information" where your current name is shown. Change it to the one you want and click the green save button. Be prepared for it to be in use by another member, so have 3 or 4 other options ready.

I believe you are permitted to change your user name once. After that you must go through the Help Centre to TA staff for any further change.

Edited: 01 March 2013, 23:57
Orange, California
Level Contributor
1,247 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I change my public profile name?

I am trying to use the link > tripadvisor.com/help/how_do_i_change_my_scre…

to change my screenname and I can't seem to find the "settings" section under my profile. Am I the only one having this problem? How do I go about changing my screenname?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I change my public profile name?

Hi royale11,

The Member Center has changed. So, hover over Your TripAdvisor at the top and click on Profile. On the left at the top just under the green bar you'll see Your TripAdvisor and and an arrow showing drop-downs. Next select Account Settings. On mine, it says it can't change. Does yours give you the option?

As you read from the article, you can change to a friendly name so you could try changing it and see what happens; e.g. a name like Tom J (first name and then an initial).

This is a recent change; perhaps someone else has more information.

Regards,

L4

Edited: 01 May 2013, 23:32
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,822 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do I change my public profile name?

You know Lucky, it took me a while to find the second "Your Trip Advisor" on my Profile page. It didn't occur to me that on my Profile page, under my avatar and user name, was a working link to 8 topics, including "account settings."

Ain't the new design grrrand?