We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why was my review removed?

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Why was my review removed?

Hello there,

I'd like to know why my review of Bryces Fish Restaurant in Ockley was removed? As far as I can tell I'd met your guidelines, it wasn't lies, and it seems other negative reviews have been removed also?

What gives?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,930 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why was my review removed?

Hi there:

Occasionally Trip Advisor send out verification emails. Failure to respond to that verification email would result in your review being removed. Check your Spam folder to see if there is such an email from Trip Advisor there.

To find out the exact reason you should contact Trip Advisor User Review Support at this link:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/UserReviewSupport

Where it says *How can we help you?: from the pull down menu select 'Status of my review' and then at *Which review? choose 'Not Listed'.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Why was my review removed?

Ah I see...

I registered using my facebook login, and that email address is no longer in use. The problem I now face is that I can't chage the password (ones I thought i might have used don't work) and I now can't change the email to an account I do use, because it's going to try to send an email containing the password change details/link...

Any ideas on how to sort this?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
98,930 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why was my review removed?

Hi again:

It looks like you have two accounts. To combine them, follow the procedure outlined in this link and click on the blue text where it says 'click here':

tripadvisor.ca/help/i_have_two_tripadvisor_a…

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Why was my review removed?

wow the plot thickens...

I had no idea I had two accounts... I've only written one review from memory...

Thanks for your help, will the support staff be able to find the other account just by linking them to my facebook connected profle / this thread?

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
98,930 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why was my review removed?

Hopefully. you can but try.

6. Re: Why was my review removed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2013, 05:16