We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation rental mislocation?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,885 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation rental mislocation?

I was browsing through Vacation Rentals in/near Chincoteague Island, Virginia, and found one that is located on the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I don't know if this is a glitch/Support issue, but if it's not, my suggestion would be to verify that the Vacation Rentals are actually located in the area in which they are listed.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,767 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation rental mislocation?

Hi Zoey;

All the "VR" listings are hosted by the parent site, but fed to TA. You would need to contact "FlipKey" about the listing info being fed to TA causing to to appear in the wrong city / area.

http://www.flipkey.com/Pages/contact/

Best Regards

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,885 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation rental mislocation?

Well, that's almost as much fun as finding a way to contact someone in the Help Center here in TA. Only took about 10 or 15 minutes, though, partly because searching for a specific property on the FlipKey website is not the easiest thing. But it's done.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,767 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation rental mislocation?

You're Welcome !

4. Re: Vacation rental mislocation?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2013, 20:16