We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unable to add photos to a review.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
53,406 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Unable to add photos to a review.

Hi,

Just wanted to ask if anyone else is having this problem, or just me?

I wrote a review of a restaurant, and waited for it to be posted on TA. It is now showing, so I went onto my contributions reviews page where there should normally be a camera symbol to click on to add up to 10 photos, but there is no symol there! It says add photos, but there is nothing to click on!

I know I can click on ' add photos ' at the bottom of the restaurant reviews page, but if I do this, are the photos added to my review or just in a general gallery?

I also prefer the method of adding photos directly to a review. It seems much easier that way.

I have also noticed that all camera symbols where photos have been added to my reviews ( showing me that I have already added photos ) have disappeared after March 2011, although the photos are still with the review.

Very strange!

I have sent an email to photo support, but waiting for a reply.

94 replies to this topic
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,906 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unable to add photos to a review.

Figgygirl;

Having read your post above I went to check my review page and there is no camera symbol showing for me under the 'Add photos' column. I checked on .com and .ca and it does not show there either.

I have also read Expat-in-Cabarete's post on another thread where she is able to see the symbol so there has to be a glitch in the system somewhere.

Edited: 20 July 2012, 09:48
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,406 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unable to add photos to a review.

Hi bellagio,

Thanks for reassuring that it is not just me having this problem.

Hope you are keeping well.

Figgy.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unable to add photos to a review.

I have been struggling with the same issue for a couple of days now. Hopefully I will be able to add the photos to my latest review soon since the photos help clarify what I tried to describe in the text.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,906 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unable to add photos to a review.

SeattleD19:

Same here. The camera symbol is still not showing.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,406 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unable to add photos to a review.

I decided to add photos by clicking on this at the bottom of the restaurant reviews page, and they have been added to my review, so all is well.

It is a different method of adding them, but easier than I thought, and you can add more than 10, so that is good. Saves having to choose which 10 to add.

The only thing I couldn't figure out is how to delete or change one before submitted, as I added one twice by mistake.

Edited: 22 July 2012, 13:23
New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,406 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unable to add photos to a review.

There is now a camera symbol against this review on my contributions page, showing I have added photos.

You can see here that my photos are under my own review, not just in the general gallery, which is what I was wondering about.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g226865-d2…

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,406 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Unable to add photos to a review.

The only thing that is strange is that the photos appear in a totally different order than posted, so they are rather mixed up. I added my meals photos together, menus together, interior photos together, and views photos together, but they appear random with my review.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Unable to add photos to a review.

>> they appear random with my review. <<

Oh dear, is this old problem occuring again? It used to be that photos got posted any old way, then it seemed as if TA tinkered with it and for quite some time the photos behaved themselves and got posted in the order that we aded them. I do hope that we've not lost that!

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
53,406 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Unable to add photos to a review.

Yes, it is annoying when you have posted them in order ( eg starter, main, dessert photos ) and then they are all mixed up!

They always seemed to be posted in reverse order though, so I tried to remember to load them backwards so they were correct!

Edited: 23 July 2012, 08:46
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Unable to add photos to a review.

This is the third day I've attempted to post photos to my latest review. I would be happier if they were posted in any order at this point. Funny, this is the first time I've had any trouble with the site. It's a shame that this has gone on so long. I finally have the camera icon next to the review however, when clicked it doesn't respond. It's really too bad.

Reply to: Unable to add photos to a review.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted