We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Editing Top Questions

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,787 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Editing Top Questions

I went to add a new thread to one of our Top Questions on the Isla forum and it added but made about 75 percent of the ones already there disappear. Now I'm trying to add them back but it won't take more than 3. As soon as I add a fourth, two disappear. I'm getting very frustrated. Please help :(

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Editing Top Questions

Hi travelerNewYork,

Are you talking about the pinned items at the top of the thread or the Top Question on the right? I've noticed on this forum that when pinned items are added to the top of the thread, some of the other pinned items go to other pages and then migrate back on their own.

L4

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,277 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Editing Top Questions

L4,

I am pretty sure travelerNewYork is talking about Top Questions, since only TA staff can actually pin topics. Anyway I can't really help with your problem but I checked the Costa Rica Forum where I did most of the TQs and have one with 8 links and another with 4. However I haven't tried to add any lately - so perhaps there was some software change.

raquel

Edited: 15 August 2012, 23:13
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
98,930 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Editing Top Questions

travelerNewYork:

I see 17 questions on there at present. Is that what you see?

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,277 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Editing Top Questions

I am pretty sure travelerNY is referring not to the questions themselves - but the actual link to threads within the TQ. I did look at some of your forum's and saw one with 6 and one with 4. So at one time it was possible.

So I guess my advice is, first clear your cache or try another browser. But if all else fails, contact TA through the Help Centre.

raquel

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,787 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Editing Top Questions

Thank you everyone. Yes, I'm talking about the Top Questions. I was editing the "Must try Restaurants" one which had 8 topics (links). Ten being maximum, I knew I had room to add another. But as soon as I added that one, the other 7 disappeared, leaving one old thread and the new one I just added. I tried putting the others back one by one, but as one would be added, others would disappear, lol. I gave up and deleted the whole thing and just retyped it.

It's not the first time this happened when trying to add a new link. It's at the point where I'm afraid to as it seems to "wipe out" previous ones.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,532 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Editing Top Questions

Hi travelerNewYork;

I would suggest starting a second TQ titled "Must try Restaurants - Part 2" and also edit the original to read "Must try Restaurants - Part 1"

Place #2 just below #1 and add to the second as needed.

Best Regards

new york
Destination Expert
for Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
19,787 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Editing Top Questions

Thank you, RescueTeam, I basically did just that except once I finished the new version I just deleted the old one. I just want to know why that is happening because I'm hesitant to add new links to existing Top Questions (I wrote them all) if all it will accomplish is wipe out the older ones, lol.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,532 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Editing Top Questions

You're Welcome, travelerNewYork !

I had this happen to me once, and I just presumed I had hit the maximum number of entries for a single TQ.

Best Regards

9. Re: Editing Top Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 01:17