We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

This woman is a like a bad penny!

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
This woman is a like a bad penny!

If you check my history, you will see that there is a certain B&B that I reviewed four years ago (and the review was honest, genuine and not a very flattering one). She has now responded to that review and said that we didn't stay there (we most certainly did), that we have caused them nothing but grief since (erm, no) and that they had to take the matter further (really? news to me). What I can't understand, because others have similar problems with this establishment, is why they have not been banned from using TA for their business. It appears they call anyone who doesn't give them five stars a liar and trouble-maker. Driving me a bit crazy. (They appeared on BBC complaining about TA and then I received nasty messages through my TA message centre because they mistook me for someone else who had written a bad review - but then it took it down). This is like a bad dream that won't go away!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: This woman is a like a bad penny!

Yes, you can only do what you can do. However, if a business is doing this (and for years), their rating is being manipulated and skewed.

L4

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: This woman is a like a bad penny!

I had totally forgotten about all this until they appeared on BBC recently to complain about TA. Suddenly, I had three emails in my TA inbox from people being REALLY nasty. Up until then, I had totally forgotten all about it. Does my head in. Walking away now and never going to think about it again. Who knew one lousy night in a B&B would come back like it has!

23. Re: This woman is a like a bad penny!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:16