We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why would a post about a TV prog be zapped?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
26,902 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Why would a post about a TV prog be zapped?

Just wondering, there have often been alerts on forums when an interesting TV programme on the country in question comes on the telly.

A recent one was removed. Can't think what reason anyone would give or why. It was something I missed and was really glad of the post...can;t have been controversial, not posted by a producer. Have seen far worse in the name of research or trumpet blowing that have stayed.

Is it a new TA rule that it can only be questions about the weather or beach towels ;-)

Somerset
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,902 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why would a post about a TV prog be zapped?

Ok I did a search before I posted this and the thread where such things are being discussed right now didn't come up.

I've read Janes thorough explanation, thanks for taking the time Jane, and that's pretty much what I thought was happening.

The OP has asked for a reason/reinstatement. Does it need a few people to ask for this (like zapping) or will it just bring it to attention for review?

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,113 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why would a post about a TV prog be zapped?

The thread you need to read where TA_Jane responded twice is here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12104-k5709125…

Silvia

Somerset
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,902 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why would a post about a TV prog be zapped?

Thanks Expat but in my second post I pointed out that I had read it......

just need to know if it takes more than one person to ask for a thread to be reinstated.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why would a post about a TV prog be zapped?

No it doesn't. Besides, the mods can only discuss it with the person who's post/thread it's about.

L4

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,993 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why would a post about a TV prog be zapped?

sue, I had a post recently removed by "the community". I knew there were no guidelines broken so I e-mailed support and it was re-instated in less than 24 hrs. Would have liked it to be sooner but I'll take what I can get. I've even asked for re-instatement of a thread that I wasn't the op on. Support also has re-instated that one. Bottom line, if it isn't against the guidelines, only one person has to ask for re-instatement and it will be done.

Somerset
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
26,902 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why would a post about a TV prog be zapped?

Thanks for that.

Yes, I must admit that I have had good responses from the team and realise they can't read everything.

Just there seems to be a lot of changes recently and much tighter control so wasn't sure.

It has been reinstated and an explanation given which is appreciated.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
16,238 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Why would a post about a TV prog be zapped?

Hmmm I had a whole thread removed, i reported it and asked for explanation, and have received ZERO responses from TA. I would think if they are going to zap an entire thread (twice) and there are no rules broken, there would at least be an explanation given to the OP.

8. Re: Why would a post about a TV prog be zapped?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 06:17