We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opening not appropriate information

Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Opening not appropriate information

Hi

I searched the chandigarh (India) city. Then trip advisior show me the hotels, things to do etc. afterwards when i click on things to do, the trip advisor takes on some other city of italy. And it showed me things to do of italian city not of chandigarh city. Hope you will help.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opening not appropriate information

Hi Vivek3636,

For future reference, this forum is for making suggestions to improve the site. It sounds like this is a technical issues. Here's the link to the Support Forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

I searched around the various links on Chandigarh but was unable to replicate this. Are you saying that a link takes you to Italy in error? If so, if you could provide that link/page, that would be helpful.

L4

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,806 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opening not appropriate information

Hi there and welcome to the Help Us Make Tripadvisor Better forum.

I ran a search for Chandigarh. The page shows Hotels, B&Bs, Things-to-Do, etc. I clicked on every single one of the possible options and all of them took me correctly to Chandigarh, India listings.

Is it possible you clicked somewhere else on your screen?

Here's a direct link to Things-to-Do in Chandigarh:

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g297596-Activiti…

Silvia

PS: It seems like neither I nor L4 could replicate your issue.

Edited: 12 September 2012, 16:49
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
3. Re: Opening not appropriate information

HI Vivek3636,

I moved your topic to the TripAdvisor Support forum, as this is the more appropriate forum in which to receive technical support for issues in navigation. I am also not able to reproduce the error you describe. Can you provide a link to the page you started from and describe each step going forward from there in a little more detail? We'll do our best to help resolve the issue, or isolate a possible bug in the links that is causing you to be redirected to the Italy pages.

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Forum

Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Opening not appropriate information

I am using this app on ipad not on pc. Geeting this error on ipad app.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Opening not appropriate information

We still need to know what you are trying to do when you see this. What page are you on and can you provide a link? Could you please describe what you're actually clicking on. In order to figure out what's going on, we need to isolate the problem.

Thanks.

L4

Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Opening not appropriate information

Just take ipad open ur app. In search type city chandigarh, then after searching just tap on the ' things to do'. The app will take you to the italian city.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Opening not appropriate information

Do you mean selecting Things to Do on the green bar along the top?

L4

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,806 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Opening not appropriate information

You're quite right. There is something wrong with the App. When I click on Things-to-Do, I get no listings but at the top it reads Province of Cuneo, Italy.

TA_Jane or TA_Jeanine would probably pop up on this thread soon. If they don't, you can report the issue though the Help Center:

Www.tripadvisor.com/help

From the left column Contact Us, pick General Suppiort, then Site and features.

Silvia

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Opening not appropriate information

OK. On the app, I click on Things to do, then enter the name of the city, Chandigarh and enter. It then gives me choices so I select Attractions and a list of Chandigarh Attractions comes up. Are you doing something differently?

L4

Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Opening not appropriate information

Silvia you are correct. Thats the problem.

L4 yeah the green bar things to do.