We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

Well my review has disappeared from pending, still not published and no email? This is getting so annoying :( is there an email addy or a link to contact someone on this site because I'm getting fed up with wasting my time trying to post a good honest review

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Luxor
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

I wouldn't hold your breath!! I'm getting a bit fed up too - I have had one review pending for well over two weeks and another for a week. I've sent messages via the on-line forms as to the status of them - nothing!! I have sent e-mails to support at TA - nothing!! I have been in touch with a very helpful TA mod who has confirmed that I don't have an issue with a confirmation e-mail awaiting verification, but she did say that there were some queues and that stuff was backed up.

However, I wrote a review yesterday and it was published yesterday then I added photos to the review and these too were published yesterday. I done another review this morning and by this afternoon it was published on the TA site!!

I can't fathom it out!! But at least my two pending reviews haven't disappeared as yet, so I suppose I should be thankful.

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

im just so annoyed it seems to have been the members who have made a lot of contributions i might make a new account and submit i bet it will be up in no time

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

Have two accounts is against their guidelines and that would cause more drama than just what you have now. FYI

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

Well following the rules has done nothing for me! I have seen countless reviews in violation of guidelines over the last 4 weeks and you know what? This is the first time I've heard from anyone from trip advisor support! It's a joke! My mum travelled with me, there's nothing stopping her making a profile :)

Edited: 14 September 2012, 21:50
5. Re: Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 September 2012, 15:05
Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

I am by no means a 'darling' and I appreciated help from those who I have spoken to.... up to now!

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
99,762 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

dramaqueen86:

To find out why they removed your review you should contact Trip Advisor User Review Support at this link:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/UserReviewSupport

Where it says *How can we help you?: from the pull down menu select 'Status of my review' and then at *Which review? choose 'Not Listed'.

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

Thank you bellagio :) nice to hear from a real expert :)

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
58,880 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

dramaqueen ~ just to be clear...

Destination Experts are members who have a fondness for a destination or a non-destination (like this one) and are willing to help. Their expertise is recognized by giving them a label.

TA_Staff are folks who work for TripAdvisor and are paid. Some work in the area of support, some in reviews, some in hotel advertisement, some in traveler articles, and so on. You'll recognize them by their name TA_Jack or TA_Jill.

The only way we can suggest you talk with TA_Staff is to use that Contact Us link. I know you've used it in the past, but that's the method that works. It may take awhile, but you should get a reply. Some folks have gotten frustrated with delays and have tried to resubmit a duplicate review or to delete & resubmit. This just gums up the process and puts the request for help at the bottom of the work-pile for the TA_Staff folks who can help. At least, that's the way it seems to me. Since I'm just a regular member like you, I don't know any secrets. TA member / Support Forum DE PDXNoah has years of experience with support type issues and with websites, so he knows more. That's why he has DE status.

Near Liverpool...
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not even the courtesy of an email this time?

Thanks Pacific, I saw TA support and didn't realise he was a DE. I must say that every other Destination Expert has been very helpful. (yourself, bellagio and l4 included)

I've contacted trip advisor again, and really hoping to get a reply this time. I understand that there are others in the same situation it's just annoying when I've been trying to contribute