We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photos "Provided by management"

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Photos "Provided by management"

I've noticed a number of listings in my DE area and surrounding region that have a primary photo tagged as "Provided by management" but the photo is of somewhere completely different with no resemblance to the attraction.

The most glaring errors have tended to be against Attraction listings for nature reserves and country parks where the "owner" would be local government or a government body.

I know how to report these as innappropriate, but my question is: are these photos always posted by a registered owner, or does Provided by Management mean they are posted by TripAdvisor? I'm curious as to why a registered owner would post irrelevant photos.

I've noticed many "Provided by management" photos are just copied and pasted from the website attatched to the listing, often appearing slightly blurred when posted, which again makes me think that TA is just putting these up without any owner involvement.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,874 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Photos "Provided by management"

I used the Report Inappropriate photo link to report the pictures so I don't know whether it was the reports or if Jeanine had waved her magic wand to cause them to disappear.

Hopefully by reporting inappropriate photos and giving a thumbs up to good photos we can influence which picture appears as the main photo.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
22. Re: Photos "Provided by management"

Thanks mymsman and BayB0y,

Not sure which method caused them to be removed, but either way, reporting incorrect photos as inapprioriate (if they are) is a good idea. Giving thumbs up to good photos is always a good idea too.

Hold onto further examples for now, I'll let you know tomorrow whether the team looking into this needs more examples.

Thanks again!

Jeanine

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Photos "Provided by management"

Jeanine, on this one the image of I think it was chilli has been replaced by a photo of a bowl of curry :)

I don't think that is a reasonable image for Kata Beach resort area, there are tens of thousands of photos for that area but all we have are photos from that restaurant and some elephant ride photos

tripadvisor.com.au/Tourism-g1210687-Kata_Bea…

I am sure it was ok before otherwise it would have been spotted

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,404 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Photos "Provided by management"

Bump -- because I was taking photos of Calgary's Confederation Park this afternoon :)

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Photos "Provided by management"

Well I went to some of the beach areas and the photos for many in our area, I looked at Phuket in particular included photos of places that were well away ( even in another province ) and a lot seemed irrelevant.

I pressume the purpose of the photos is that those thinking about visiting could see what to expect.

Certainly a lot of wrong locations plus lots or irrelevant photos.

Also a lot of "VFM Leonardo" photos, wonder how they got there.

Edited: 29 September 2012, 01:26
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Photos "Provided by management"

I know my theory of how the VFM Leonardo pics suddenly appeared all over, but usually when I say it "out loud" my posts get zapped!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,404 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Photos "Provided by management"

I've spotted a few other incorrect "management" photos for my city, so I'm wondering if there might be more info on this subject. Happy to provide more details, if it will help.

Edited: 02 October 2012, 15:08
Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
28. Re: Photos "Provided by management"

Sorry for the delay, I haven't forgotten about this. I'm still working on getting information on this and what the best way is to report these incorrect photos to our photo team to remove or move. Will hopefully have some information in the next few days (I hope).

Jeanine

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,756 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Photos "Provided by management"

Thanks, Jeanine. If there is any chance you could let us know how all these public places got "management photos", that'll be great too.

I thought it was impossible for TA to be publishing photos labeled management if they weren't uploaded by management, but it looks like I stand corrected.

Silvia

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
30. Re: Photos "Provided by management"

Sure thing Silvia, I'll see what I can find out.

In the meantime, if you run into one of these photos that is wrong, just report it inappropriate and select "posted to wrong location" in the dropdown.

Jeanine