We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

App for Nokia N900 fails to find places

London
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
App for Nokia N900 fails to find places

The app fails to find venues which are found quickly via the website. This makes the app feature “Saves” almost useless. I need to leave the app to find places via the main website and the Save feature on the internet does not link to the app.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: App for Nokia N900 fails to find places

Hi stuartgcLondon,

Welcome to the Forums.

The forums are primarily member-driven and I'm a member like you and not a TA Staff member.

You should be able to syn between the mobile apps and the desktop site:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5406007-…

Is this not working?

This thread may be of interest (starts off discussing the iPad but then discusses various mobile apps), particularly Post 19:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5642672-…

For future reference, this forum is for making suggestions to improve the site/give feedback to TripAdvisor. For support in using the site, technical issues and questions regarding features, there's the Support Forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

L4

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,929 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
2. Re: App for Nokia N900 fails to find places

Bumping up this topic after moving it from the HUMTAB forum.

TA_Jeanine may be able to help you to resolve this issue, or at least report your complaint to the team that supports integration and function of our app on mobile devices. (TA_Jeanine is very well-connected <grin>) I don't have a smart phone to test out issues reported, so I am of no use....

Kind regards,

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

3. Re: App for Nokia N900 fails to find places

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 10:17