We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

Hartly, Del.
1 post
Save Topic
Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

I have been totally unable to reach anyone at the TripAdvisor.com office. I did talk to a very helpful admin person, who admitted she was just told to refer people to the website. The problem is there's no clear way of sending an email directly to someone who could answer my problem. Thus I must take this roundabout way of doing so and hoping someone will reply.

I am the editor of the Hangar Digest newsletter for the Air Mobility Command Musuem at Dover AFB, Delaware. I recently read a short notice in a local paper that TripAdvisor has rated the AMCM as the No.1 free tourist attraction in Kent County, Delaware. I have seen this on the website as well. The trouble is I need to verify this and verify that it is recent information. I'd like to talk to a person at TripAdvisor about this.

My goal is to mention this rating, and TripAdvisor as well, in the newsletter, but I will not do so until I'm able to verify this information. The newspaper did not relay any pertinent information that would help.

I would appreciate someone contacting me at ntrprz@dmv.com to help me clear this up.

Sincerely,

Jeff Brown, Master Sgt, USAF (Ret.)

Editor, Hangar Digest newsletter

AMC Museum

Dover AFB, Del.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
29,267 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

It's currently the #1 Attraction in Dover: tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g34009-Activitie…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
64,286 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

<<that TripAdvisor has rated the AMCM as the No.1 free tourist attraction in Kent County, Delaware.>>

It is not Trip Advisor, per se, that has rated this attraction as #1. The #1 represents the popularity of the attraction, which is determined when TA members post a review of the attraction. They can select a 1-dot (terrible) up to a 5-dot (excellent) according to how they experienced the attraction. TA applies a proprietary algorithm to determine how the ranking of reviews (in the case of Dover Attractions, 22 of them) is determined and the rankings are updated something like once a week, I believe. So you're #1 this week! You could definitely say in your newsletter that the museum is "currently" the #1 attraction on TA for Dover.

Hope that helps.

Edited: 28 September 2012, 03:14
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,287 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

Hi there,

As a representative of the museum, you or whomever the museum designates can register as manager. You will then gain access to the Management Center where you can make changes to the listing page, respond to Tripadvisor members' reviews, etc. as well as to the Owners' forum, which, like all other Tripadvisor forums, is for the most part peer-to-peer assistance.

After you get registered and verified, you can post in that forum for a contact phone number for Owner Support.

Here's how to get registered:

…tripadvisor.com/pdfs/email/HTG_OwnerVerific…

In addition to the use of a credit card or faxing documents, you can now also get verified using your Facebook account.

Silvia

Save Reply
4. Re: Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

Could someone within a mangement position please contact us at info@rocpoolrestaurant.com as soon as possible. We have been trying to correct our opening times which Trip Advisor have put on our website incorrectly for many months. I am continually told that you have problems ' within the system'.

I also changed our restaurant description which Trip Advisor had incorrectly put on our posting many months ago to the correct description which Trip Advisor have again changed back to the incorrect description, and now you are telling me I have to write the description again because you cannot find i the correct description 'in the system'. If you cannot run your systems correctly and accurately then you should not be running a website until you can run your 'systems' correctly.

I look forward to your reply. 12/11/12

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,589 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

Trip Advisor staff does not generally respond to any post made on this forum- it is a forum of users advising one another on how to best use TA, so do not expect anyone employed by Trip Advisor to contact you.

My best advice to you is that you should register as the owner ( if you have not already done so) and follow TA's verification procedure for gaining access to the Owner's Forum/Management Center where other owners can assist you. TA Staff does respond to posts in that Forum it seems.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

Here's information about the Owner's Forum, verification process etc. As Lulutoo says, you should post your concern on the Owner's Forum:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048-…

L4

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,150 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

Hi RocpoolNessWalk;

TA staff will NOT contact you, as you have requested in your post above.

Best Regards

Save Reply
8. Re: Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

Why will you not be contacting me, I have a problem with our entry on your site which I am not able to amend and need to you to correct, incorrect opening hours is very bad for business and very misleading to the public.

Fiona

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,631 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

TripAdvisor staff will not be responding to your forum posting because TA staff haven't even read your forum posting. Nobody who has responded to your question here is a TripAdvisor employee. Destination Experts are volunteers, and TA members just like you, we do not work for TripAdvisor.

Follow the instructions posted in response #5 and #6 to register as an owner. You can then use the Management Center to contact TA staff directly.

Edited: 20 November 2012, 15:36
Level Contributor
521 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Reaching Trip Advisor personnel

Unfortunately I had similarly frustrating experiences when trying to get to a human being at Tripadvisor for some help. They make it nowadays impossible to reach someone despite the fact that they make money and have jobs because we write reviews...