We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Communication with Trip Advisor

Hattiesburg, MS
Level Contributor
10 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Communication with Trip Advisor

Why is is virtually impossible to get a message to you and a brief response? I am trying to be of help (with reviews) to your site, but I cannot do what I need to do without getting some answers to several specific questions.

This is my third attempt to reach someone at Trip Advisor.

I don't see much point in doing reviews if I can not get some occasional assistance on questions.

Cordially, CDD

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Communication with Trip Advisor

You can either use the "contact us" I link in the Help Center (link at the bottom of this page) and or you can ask your question here and the other volunteers like me will probably be able to help. That is what this forum was set up for - to help with questions.

Hattiesburg, MS
Level Contributor
10 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Communication with Trip Advisor

Thanks for quick response!!

Trying to do two things with restaurant properties that meet one or both of the following conditions:

1. A NAME CHANGE for a rated restaurant that is still in business with same management/ownership. Site name is obsolete and needs to be updated.

2. Rated restaurants that are permanently closed, but still listed.

Just trying to improve TA accuracy and to minimize user frustrations.

Thanks CDD

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Communication with Trip Advisor

On the restaurant listings , and do you see a link near the address that says "update restaurant details?" If so, that will allow you submit an address change and will also allow you to report to the restaurant as closed.

I have to be honest and tell you that changes of this type submitted by members do take a very long time to take effect as they have to be verified. And I'm talking four weeks or more for most changes. And even then sometimes you have have to report the changes multiple times. To say it takes patience is an understatement. :)

If you have reviews you wish to rights for listings that me changes you can go ahead and submit them now. They will stay attached to the corrected listing.

I hope that helps. If not, reply here.

Thanks for using the Support Forum.

Mosca, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Communication with Trip Advisor

how can i delete me review???

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
103,484 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Communication with Trip Advisor

Hi Becky:

To remove your review you should contact Trip Advisor User Review Support at this link:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/UserReviewSupport

Where it says *How can we help you?: from the pull down menu select 'Remove my Review'. and then at *Which review?: select the appropriate review.

Mosca, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Communication with Trip Advisor

thank you very much!!!!

Mosca, Colorado
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Communication with Trip Advisor

but my review is still there...will it gonne in a while?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Communication with Trip Advisor

Usually within a week and normally within a few days. They will usually email you once it has been removed.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,803 posts
1,099 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Communication with Trip Advisor

CDD, I'm not sure that TA will accept a name change except from the restaurant itself. I kind of think not - or competitors could have a grand old time, LOL!

From the Help Center:

"Who can request a listing? Official representatives of a property, service or company can request or change a listing on TripAdvisor. Travelers can also request that we add a listing to our site so that they can write a review about it."

You could email the restaurant to let them know the name is outdated. Some property owners have no idea they are even listed on TA.

Closed restaurant . . . I never use the link on the restaurant listing since I have a zero success rate with it. I send a note to TA using the Help Center:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/help

Contact Us (on the left side)

General Support (also left side)

Listings

Report an inappropriate listing

Then fill in the boxes.

Allow time - TA staff has to investigate and ascertain the property is actually closed. This often takes 1-3 weeks.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Communication with Trip Advisor

CDD's post is from October 2012;-)