We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I remove my business from this site legally?

Miami Beach, Florida
3 posts
1 review
How do I remove my business from this site legally?

My restaurant has been in the top 5 on Trip advisor for years and two weeks ago it went from number 5 to number 20. We have won awards for years and are noteworthy in our community. I want my business off of this site which is the worst service to owners. The Internet shows the many fraudulent claims of trip advisor.

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
199,687 posts
55 reviews
102 helpful votes
1. Re: How do I remove my business from this site legally?

Hi Rachel:

This is the Support forum which is for answering general questions about using the Trip Advisor site.

Matters that pertain only to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business or property owners, should be posted in the Owners' forum, details of which can be found at this link:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048-Please_read_A_note_to_property_and_business_owners-TripAdvisor_Support.html

West Grey, Canada
Level Contributor
109,609 posts
96 reviews
640 helpful votes
2. Re: How do I remove my business from this site legally?

Hi Rachel;

For future reference, TA has created an owners only forum to answer concerns like yours. Matters that pertain to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business owners or managers, should be posted in the Owners' forum. You can find that forum here on TA;

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i14281-Owners.html

It is NOT TA's policy to remove a property unless the business has been sold, or closed permanently.

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/help/how_do_i_remove_my_listing

Supporting documentation would need to be submitted to TA staff, as well.

Best Regards

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: How do I remove my business from this site legally?

TA will only remove a property when it is closed permanently.

For further reference - Questions or complaints about matters that pertain only to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business or property owners, should be posted in the Owners' forum.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048-Please_read_A_note_to_property_and_business_owners-TripAdvisor_Support.html

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
46,218 posts
1,084 reviews
2,821 helpful votes
4. Re: How do I remove my business from this site legally?

Rachel J, have you posted Management Responses to your poor reviews?

You cannot just "remove" your restaurant from TripAdvisor. The properties on this website are added by guests/customers of hotels, restaurants and attractions. If a member dines at your public restaurant they have the right to review it on any website :-)

>>The Internet shows the many fraudulent claims of trip advisor.<<

Please note that TripAdvisor does not place reviews - independent members do. As long as a review is within the guidelines of this website, TA will post it - whether good, bad, or indifferent.

Note that none of the posters here are TA staff, we are all just members.

Taunton, United...
1 post
5. Re: How do I remove my business from this site legally?

Of course we should be able to remove OUR business from THEIR website, particularly when we haven't given Tripadvisor permission to use our intellectual property for their financial gain in the first place! The "businesses added by guests/customers" is a cop-out. You know it and i know it. If the Tripadvisor IT engineers cannot remove a business from their database in less than ten seconds they shouldn't be working in IT!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
28,086 posts
96 reviews
234 helpful votes
6. Re: How do I remove my business from this site legally?

It's a freedom of speech issue. TA members are simply expressing their opinions and sharing their experiences through this website, as they would do anywhere else on the internet. You don't have to grant them permission to do so.

The information on your business location and name is not private, because you are open to the public. So there is nothing to keep them from being posted on TA or anywhere else for that matter.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
8,514 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: How do I remove my business from this site legally?

Ok respectively to the O.P

Heres the thing when your business is in a catogory with many many others

such as yours is it doesnt take much to drop.

If you take a couple of hits (less than 3 dots) and everyone else has all 5 dot reviews in a catagory with many other businesses this can happen.

There is another reason that cant be disscussed here.

Now why so much hate all of a sudden?

Just make some adjustments and...move on...you cant simply pull your listing and say no fair as soon as things dont go your way.

Its like the mob the only way out is if you croak ( go out of business.)

S.C

Edited: 11 years ago
8. Re: How do I remove my business from this site legally?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the Tripadvisor community and has been removed.

Oxnard, California
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
49,741 posts
243 reviews
266 helpful votes
9. Re: How do I remove my business from this site legally?

Just wondering if you were also complaining about Tripadvisor and asking them to take your restaurant listing down at the time that you ¨restaurant has been in the top 5 on Trip advisor for years.¨ Surely Tripadvisor becomes a terrible site once your ranking drops from number 5 to number 20.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,092 posts
71 reviews
90 helpful votes
10. Re: How do I remove my business from this site legally?

Rachel,

If you're considering the advice in Post 8, I'd recommend reading this thread:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5864127-Inappropriate_Behaviour_of_a_Proprietor-TripAdvisor_Support.html#44954702

L4

© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.