We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time Stamp glitch

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,841 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Time Stamp glitch

I've noticed these past few days once I reply to a topic the time stamp, even if it was previously pink, goes to black once I have replied. I have to click on it again to get it to turn to pink. I'm pretty certain that hadn't used to be the case. The topic title remains pink, it's just the time stamp that reverts to black.

Can we get this fixed please?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time Stamp glitch

Thanks bellagio, for posting about this issue. I've also noticed it the past few days (Firefox 16.0.1).

L4

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
56,983 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time Stamp glitch

I am also experiencing this with about half of my replies. Google Chrome Version 22.0.1229.94

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
97,841 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time Stamp glitch

It's the same with Internet Explorer also. There has to be a glitch at Trip Advisor's end. Calling TA_Jeanine.....your assistance is required, please.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
37,630 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time Stamp glitch

Yes its the same on IE9 just thought it was my laptop playing up as no one had reported the same experience, glad to see it's not only me now!!

Angie.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,209 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  What's this?
Save Reply
5. Re: Time Stamp glitch

Hmm, I'll ask around about this- thanks for reporting it!

Jeanine

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
97,841 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time Stamp glitch

Thanks Jeanine for looking into it.

Edit:

This time it did turn pink.

Edited: 18 October 2012, 20:54
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,824 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Time Stamp glitch

Hi all,

This is the result of some work that was done recently. That work was necessary, and I don't think that we will be able to change this back so that the timestamp link always changes colors after you reply, but I will make some inquiries. That said, I believe the timestamp link should still change color after your reply if you reply to a thread that does not have more than one page.

Thanks,

Dan

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
97,841 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Time Stamp glitch

Thanks Dan for responding so quickly. That would be why sometimes it does turn pink after yopu have replied on a thread such as this which is still on it's first page.

It's beyond me though why it wouldn't work on a thread that has more than one page, but at least you have warned us that it might not. Let's hope that it can be sorted though.

Edit:

It did turn pink, as expected. Now to try a thread with more than one page.

Edited: 18 October 2012, 22:31
Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
97,841 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Time Stamp glitch

Absolutely right. It appears it will turn pink if you reply to any post up to and including reply #10 on the first page of a thread. After that it reverts to black until you click on the time stamp again then it changes to pink.

How weird is that?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,179 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Time Stamp glitch

Posted this on another thread, but this seems an appropriate place.

Pink/blue date stamps.

I think I am having the same problem. When I look at a subforum, e.g. British Columbia forum, click on the dats to see the last post, the dates turn to pink. By the time I am finished, most of the threads have pink date stamps. Then when I go up one level to the Canada forum to check out the rest of the country, I'm sure the threads I have just looked at all have the date stamps in blue again.