We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you get TA to kill reviews for a deceased hotel?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
How do you get TA to kill reviews for a deceased hotel?

I keep sending TA messages that the Amerisuites Arrowood hotel in Charlotte is now the Hyatt, which they should have figured out since they are at the same address and Hyatt has taken over all Amerisuties as far as I know. They refuse to act, so this listing still appears, with some very ancient reviews:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g49022-d100526-…

The listing should disappear, as should the reviews, since there is no Amerisuties any more. What do you do to make TA wake up?

Edited: 24 October 2012, 23:56
Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you get TA to kill reviews for a deceased hotel?

In case anyone doubts the demise of Amerisuites in favor of the Hyatt brand, see this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmeriSuites

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you get TA to kill reviews for a deceased hotel?

Hi GoPenguins,

Thanks for reporting this. It can take awhile for listing corrections. It helps when you're able to also provide back-up web information like you have. I suspect your email is in queue and that resubmitting won't be helpful.

I would have thought that the Hyatt would have informed TA Staff but I guess not.

L4

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you get TA to kill reviews for a deceased hotel?

Lucky4 - I first reported this two months ago, and I just looked today to make sure that TA had gotten rid of it. Much to my surprise, it was still there.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,405 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you get TA to kill reviews for a deceased hotel?

I feel your pain. In July, I reported two hotel closures, both with excellent documentation (a news article for one, their own website announcing the closure for the other). It took two months for one hotel to be removed from TA, and three months for the other. I re-reported each closure every month, as well, just to make sure it kept moving along.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
44,411 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you get TA to kill reviews for a deceased hotel?

Write a review, then they will delete the review but the business will still be there. That is what I did. After 6 months the business finally disappeared.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you get TA to kill reviews for a deceased hotel?

Be patient. It can take long time and several attempts to have a listing corrected.

Over the last 3 years or so I have reported numerous times that a hotel does not - and have never - existed. The 'ghost' hotel is still listed and receiving new reviews (for hotels with similar names).

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
21,776 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How do you get TA to kill reviews for a deceased hotel?

it is a real pain trying to get closed places removed, TA just sem eoither unwilling or just too slow to respond, took me many months to get a close place removed even though there was another resturant at the same address listed.

Maybe the folk that work on all their fantastic alogrithms could design one that will notify TA when they have more than one property using the same address...................... or would that be too easy a solution/

8. Re: How do you get TA to kill reviews for a deceased hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2013, 10:17