We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

vancouver
Level Contributor
5 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

What is up with TA not responding at all when you request a hotel you've stayed at to be listed? They say they will respond in a few days to let you know either way whether the property meets the premise or not, but then - no response. Anyone know why this is? I sent a direct question about this to customer service - no response. Is anyone working at TA anymore?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

It's been taking weeks to months for new listings in some areas. Just be patient, occasionally search for them as you may not have been notified.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,004 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

Years, more like it. Just try to get a place removed once it's closed. :(

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,089 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

I got an email to say a resturant I try to list was now available for a review, considering it was about a year ago I asked for the listing then under TA rules I can no longer review the place.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,890 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

Don't wait for TA to send you the email that they promise, informing you that the place has now been listed. I request lots of listings, but only get that email for about 5% of them; 95% of the time, the only way I find out that the listing has been added is by searching TA for it.

Also, for English-language listings that I request for Canada, it is taking roughly a week for them to be added. However, I understand that it is taking much longer for non-English listings to be added, and (I think) for listings outside North America.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,949 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

If you are adding a property in the USA or Canada, it takes about *a week*.

However, TA is NOT sending out emails to tell you it's been listed! So you have to check the property to see if it's there.

Other English speaking countries take somewhat longer, and non-English speaking countries are taking the longest. Allow at least a month for those.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,609 posts
1,671 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

I have found on many occasions you arent advised that the establishment has been added as requested but a TA search has revealed that they have listed the place already.

Tommo

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,890 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

In the last few days, I've noticed a big improvement in the notifications of new listings. It has gone from only receiving notifications for 5% of the new listings that I request, to receiving notifications for every new listing. So perhaps TA has finally fixed whatever was keeping them from sending notifications in most cases?

Time will tell.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,149 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

That sounds really good, CW.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,949 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

I submitted a restaurant to add on Nov 1st. Lo and behold, I got an email from TA telling me it had been added -- on Nov 3rd!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,890 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TA Never Responds to Requests for Hotels to be Listed

Yes, in the last week, my listing requests have also taken only 24 hours to list! I hesitate to mention that because it's such a huge improvement that it seems hard to believe that it can last.