We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cleaning up restaurant pages

Saint James City...
Destination Expert
for San Pedro
Level Contributor
15,725 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Cleaning up restaurant pages

I just returned to San Pedro Belize and was looking at the restaurant reviews. There are numerous duplicate properties, most because of spelling errors.

Also, several places no longer exist.

Is there any way to get this cleaned up?

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cleaning up restaurant pages

Hi Jeanh,

You can report these via the Help Centre > Contact Us > General Support at http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/GeneralSupport

Choose: Listings > Report a duplicate listing

The form has just been made more user-friendly i.e. now has clearly defined fields for the listing name and the URLs of the main and dupilcate listings. Until a few days ago all we had was a box for free-form notes.

For closed places you have to visit the restaurant's listing, click "Update restaurant details" then click "This property is closed". From experience I find that restaurants with no reviews will vanish within 48 hrs but those with even 1 review will stay up indefinitely so I find it more effective to report these via the Help Centre and report under Listings > Report an inappropriate listing.

The turn around time for reports via the Help Centre to be actioned can be several weeks, so be patient!

2. Re: Cleaning up restaurant pages

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 08:18