We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

to tripadvisor

Lanzarote, Spain
1 post
Save Topic
to tripadvisor

- 19th Nov 2012

To TripAdvisor management

I am the owner of Quintins restaurant,25g Avda Juan Carlos1, Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote , canary islands, Spain. I am the sole owner of this restaurant. My email address is fionanosullivan@yahoo.com I wish to remove my restaurant from tripadvisor I find it is unhelpful for my business, if it is not removed I plan to take legal action.

Fionan OSullivan.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: to tripadvisor

You are not contacting TA management or TA staff through an open forum. Forums are mainly peer-to-peer support.

It is TA's policy only to remove a listing when the property is permanently closed.

Questions or complaints about matters that pertain only to your business or property, or that are relevant only to business or property owners, should be posted in the Owners' forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5056048…

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,059 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: to tripadvisor

85% of people thought it was average or better.

73% of people thought it was very good or excellent.

61% of people thought it was excellent.

I thought that was pretty good. You have 4 out of 5 on average.

You can only take reviews with a pinch of salt, and for some I guess could take it as ways to improve your business.

Perhaps taking it off TA is futile, as someone may well ask for it to go back on in the future so they can write a review.

Have you thought about responding to people's reviews? If you did so positively, particularly on the odd bad one it may well look better for you?

p.s probably isn't a good idea either to post your actual email address on a world wide public forum, leaves you open to a whole load of junk mail etc.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
38,966 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: to tripadvisor

Interesting that most of the poorer reveiws are about staff rudeness , not meal quality- maybe you need to take a good hard look at that. You can't remove any restaurant from any internet revew site- the public can review any place they wish without the owners consent on any review site and no litigation could prevent that.. Your rattling "litigation" swords , besides being useless , speaks volumes about what might be the real problem.

Oxford
Level Contributor
174 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: to tripadvisor

Fionan,

So you've had a few negative reviews in the last month of two. So what? As bionicgrasshopper say, most of your reviews are positive. Trying to get your restaurant off TA - not that you'll get anywhere - is a real case of cutting off your nose to spite your face!

Personally, as a potential customer, I'd have probably discounted the reports about "attitude" but having seen your post here I suspect there might have been some truth in them...

MD

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: to tripadvisor

Before I respond to your posting, I want to point out that I do not work for TripAdvisor. As with all Destination Experts, I'm a TA member just like you.

As long as your business is open to the public, you cannot have it removed from TripAdvisor. Discussions about your business on TA, like discussions about your business anywhere else on the internet, are protected by the laws regarding freedom of speech. People do not need your permission to talk about your business, or to post public information like your business name and address.

Your best bet is to take advantage of the tools that TripAdvisor offers. Read the guidelines for reviews so that you know when reviews break the guidelines:

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/534

Register as an owner so that you can access the Management Center:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Owners

…custhelp.com/ci/…HTG_OwnerVerification.pdf

Using the Management Center, you can dispute reviews which are not posted to the correct business, violate the review guidelines, or are suspicious. You can also submit management responses to reviews which you are currently disputing, or simply to respond to points raised in the reviews.

Edited: 20 November 2012, 15:11
UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: to tripadvisor

Perhaps taking it off TA is futile, as someone may well ask for it to go back on in the future so they can write a review.

======

The OP cannot take it off.

Ps. Having looked at the reviews, how come the entire population of Eire appear to be reviewing this place? I had to double check it was in Lanzarote and not Dublin !

Edited: 20 November 2012, 23:21
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,179 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: to tripadvisor

You have so much going for you in your business. If the reviews are anything to go by, I'm sure you are aware of what work you need to do. And you'll know yourself when you've got those results in place. Even if the reviews are somewhat off base, it's always a good idea to pay attention to the people side of a business.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: to tripadvisor

>> I wish to remove my restaurant from tripadvisor <<

As long as you operate a business which is open to the public, people have the right to review it on websites such as TripAdvisor. In other words, you cannot remove your restaurant.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,100 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: to tripadvisor

Best of luck in the future and.

Please do pull your email.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,613 posts
1,570 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: to tripadvisor

The odd bad review wont harm your business at all. You cant keep all the people happy all the time.Even 5 star hotels.

For me I look at where the majority of the reviewers lie to assess whether I will patronise a place.Where the majority rank a place is generally a good indication. Some will be overly low in the rankings perhaps some are overly kind.

Tommo