We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why are only 1 day tour reviews posted?

Level Contributor
435 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Why are only 1 day tour reviews posted?

I posted a review of a 5 day tour which was never published. I got the following message from an Email address that one cannot reply to: "We're sorry, but we weren't able to publish your review because we don't post reviews about multi day tours on our site." I find that very strange. Many tours are longer than 1 day and can cost a lot of money so I assume that travelers would like to see reviews about them. Does anyone know why Tripadvisor doesn't care for reviews of tours longer than a day? Thanks.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why are only 1 day tour reviews posted?

It is TA policy - whether you like it or not.

Level Contributor
435 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Why are only 1 day tour reviews posted?

Thanks. I do not like what I do not understand....

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,110 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Why are only 1 day tour reviews posted?

Hi suzanna;

Before I respond, I want to point out that I do NOT work for TripAdvisor. As with all Destination Experts, I’m a member just like you, who volunteers my time assisting fellow members.

I believe the problem with multi-day reviews is that the content won't be of the tour itself, but of the bus line used, the accommdations stayed at, the restaurants eaten at, etc.

Best Regards

Level Contributor
435 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Why are only 1 day tour reviews posted?

Thanks for your time. When one pays for a multiday tour, it does include everything that you listed, so if I wanted to learn about a tour I would like to read comments and evaluations about everything that is included. It might be only me...

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,903 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Why are only 1 day tour reviews posted?

I agree with you suzannaPortland. I believe the review of a multi day tour is all about the organizer. The traveller chooses the organizer based on the composition and content of everything s/he has put together for the tour. The restos and hotels, busses and local tours taken are there because the organizer chose them. The traveller is not choosing the resto or hotel but is choosing the tour organizer. If comments in the review are about the restaurant or hotel, they are actually being made about the organizer who chose them. I think multi day tours should be included as well.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,126 posts
1,081 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Why are only 1 day tour reviews posted?

I see you reviewed your tour on the Australia forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255055-i120-k5916…

Hmmm, seems the tour company got blamed for the fact you didn't do much research ahead of time . . .

7. Re: Why are only 1 day tour reviews posted?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 01:17