We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

Hello,

I logged on to my TA account today and noticed that it said I had made 65 contributions. However, I have only written 11 reviews so far.

I looked into my profile and noticed there were 54 ratings all from restaurants and places in Sydney, Australia. I have never rated these and am confused why they suddenly appear on my profile. They weren't there yesterday but all of them have the 3rd Sept 2012 as date???

I understand I can remove them myslef however doing this one by one will take a loong time and I would like to know if TA can remove all of the restaurant ratings (there are now 53 of them as I already deleted one) for me? I didn't submit these ratings.

TIA

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,272 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

Hi MCB ~

How very strange! Yes you can contact TA to have those ratings removed.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Open the above link, then choose "Remove my rating." As I don't have any ratings, I'm not sure whether a second drop down menu activates, but you will see what happens and can make the appropriate choice.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

Hi Mufti,

Thank you so much. I found the 'Remove all my ratings' link. Problem solved :-) Thanks again for the quick help, I appreciate it.

Regards from Australia,

MCB

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
76,326 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

Hi MCB;

For future reference, the Support Forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site, and to report technical problems.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvi…

Best Regards

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,954 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
4. Re: Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

... moved from HUMTAB to TA Support forum.

TA_Jane

TripAdvisor Support Team

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

I just noticed that 61 ratings suddenly appeared under my profile, all made on November 24 2012, for local restaurants & attractions. I did not submit these ratings. Very odd.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,272 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

Hi Laney ~

You can go to this link from the Help Centre to have them removed if you like.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

From the drop down menu, choose > Remove my rating. I'm not sure if you have to do them one by one or if you can do multiple ones at the same time.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
453 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

I removed them, I just wonder how they appeared under my profile, when I know I didn't make them.

E S
Houston, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

Hi on my account there are several ratings that I didn't make. I can't find the appropriate drop down thingawmawjig even though I spent hours looking for it. Could you, The TA Team remove all ratings and reviews from my account, etc.

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,585 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

RES,

Either you have more than one TA account or your ratings have already been removed. When I look at your contributions for the account from which you posted the message above you only have 1 review and one forum post.

TA staff will usually not respond to messages or requests sent through this forum.

To try and remove ratings try this link from the Help Centre:

tripadvisor.com/help/how_do_i_remove_my_revi…

and follow the instructions and click on the contact button. It will provide a list of your ratings and allow you to remove them one at a time or all of them in one transaction.

Hope this helps a bit.

raquel

10. Re: Ratings appear on my profile which I didn't make

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 05:17