We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharing a 'saved trip' with someone

Howden, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Sharing a 'saved trip' with someone

Is this possible? i have been doing quite abit of research for an upcoming trip and saved several things in my 'saved trips' section. Can i share this with another member? Or even email a link of the saved trip?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,690 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharing a 'saved trip' with someone

Hi Tony826;

No, that is not a feature that TripAdvisor offers.

Best Regards

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharing a 'saved trip' with someone

TA used to offer the option to email a 'Saved trip' but it seems to have disappeared in one of the recent rounds of 'improvements' - however it was never anything more than emailing a print out.

You can still do this but it is somewhat complicated.

At the bottom of your saved trip page you will see:

Looking for the old "My Trips" page? Find it here

Click on the 'here' link and then on the appropriate Trip folder

You will then see a Print button and if you have a program such as CutePDF installed (free and very good) you can print the trip to a PDF file for emailing.

If your trip covers several locations you can move the individual location folders into a master folder for the trip and then print the master folder.

What you cannot do which I think would be a significant benefit is share an interactive link to a trip with selected friends so that they can contribute to the trip planning and save the results of their own research to the trip.

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharing a 'saved trip' with someone

Wow this is so archaic! I can not believe you can spend all this time and create saved entries for a trip and then not share it! How so unWeb2.0!

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,218 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharing a 'saved trip' with someone

once upon a time - before they made all the "improvements" the Saved trip function was quite good. You could save individual posts - build a nice archive and share it via a URL or create a printer friendly document ... But now the whole thing is to the point where it is pretty much useless. Not very user friendly.

Oh well - someone somewhere must think it is progress.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharing a 'saved trip' with someone

Even the 'sharing' method I suggested in post #2 has been removed by TA in the latest round of 'improvements'

I am giving up on the use of TA Saved Trips they are not fit for purpose.

TravellersPoint have recently introduced a new Travel Planner that allows you to save Any web page (including TA listings) to a multi-stop trip which can be fully shared with others. http://blog.travellerspoint.com/331/

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharing a 'saved trip' with someone

Thank you so much- I just looked at it and seems great, will give it try tonight!

7. Re: Sharing a 'saved trip' with someone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:15