We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2013, 17:21
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

Hi there.

I'm sorry that happened. Use this form: http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

Select "forums, private messages..." and then "report an inappropriate private message."

Then subject may not be 100% correct for this situation, but it should get to the right place.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

Hotel owners will do that, unless you feel it is really over the top, I just ignored the owner and he went away....if he contacts you again, then report, I would say....

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,995 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

Hi 2_Aussie_Expats;

Owners/management are NOT to contact reviewers about their reviews.

tripadvisor.ca/help/can_an_owner_ask_a_revie…

I too suggest that you contact TripAdvisor staff, as well as ignore the message.

Best Regards

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,063 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

Please do do contact TA right away! If these unscrupulous owners get their way, only positive reviews will remain up, deceiving all other prospective customers.

Silvia

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,763 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

I agree that they should "ALWAYS" be reported to TA

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

Ok yes report it.

This is what i dont get.

The reviewer (if Im correct) gave the business 3 out of 5*s

If it were me...respond and move on why even think twice about it much less chance what could happen by contacting any member about any review much less this one?

Some positives some negitives in the review respond, take note of what was said, move on,

S.C

Edited: 27 January 2013, 18:36
Seattle
Level Contributor
11 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

You've already reported him, right here on TA. He has no right whatsoever to insist you 'take down your rating'. He earned it. Of course it affects his rating, if he's a shyster, he deserves to be rated harshly!!! There is nothing he can do to you. Nothing. Kudos to you for reporting him!

What you may want to do is wait the required 90 days before you can review again, and make a very pointed report on TA about the manager bullying you. If it gets really bad, you could probably take him to small claims court for slander or harassment.

I have been contacted by motel owners after a less than glowing report. IF the manager/owner is contrite, IF the manager/owner apologizes for your horrible experience and seems sincere, then, you may want to entertain the idea of taking a review down. Everyone has their bad days.

The one time I was contacted, the manager apologized to me for my experience, owned the bad behaviour of her staff, and gave me a refund. I did not ask for a refund, but she said she was refunding it because it was the right thing to do. She was professional. That's what you want.

She did NOT ask that my review be taken down. I did, though, because after talking to her on the phone, I knew she was sincere in her apologies and actually was mortified at my experience, and promised to fix it.

That is what you want: a true apology and a promise to improve. Don't go fishing for refunds...but they do happen.

So play it by ear. Don't be ashamed of your review if it was an honest one, and don't let the manager of that motel bully you into redacting your review.

Because what we are doing on TA is using 'the market' to police the industry. Nothing gets a bad business the reputation it deserves than word of mouth. Just like word of mouth adds luster to a motel/restaurants' good reputation.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,063 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

"You've already reported him, right here on TA. "

No, he hasn't. He needs to provide TA the details of the business privately, following the instructions on post #1.

"What you may want to do is wait the required 90 days before you can review again, and make a very pointed report on TA about the manager bullying you."

I'm sorry but that is bad advice. A new review should ONLY be based on a subsequent and different visit.

Silvia

Seattle
Level Contributor
11 posts
202 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

You're right. My bad.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do I report an aggravated hotel owner?

Now this is over the top, but it happened!

…theglobeandmail.com/life/…