We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting my tour business listed

Kanchanaburi...
Level Contributor
11 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Getting my tour business listed

I have tried submitting my company many times for listing since about July 2012 with no response or action on T/A part. I know someone who also has a small tour business in the same area who has had the same problem. I have read through the requirements and as far as I can tell meet them all, and have contacted T/A customer support many times receiving only automated replies, with no answer or explanation. The issue may be that I offer one day and multiple days tours but so do most people listed. Anyone solved this kind of problem or having the same. Any advice on what I can do? I have had costumers write to me and say they tried to review the business but with no luck as well. Whats the problem?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting my tour business listed

Do you have a website? Maybe too much focus on the multi-day tours.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting my tour business listed

You'll only b enlisted based on your day tours. Are they featured prominently on your Web page? What some others have done is created a new page off there existing website that features day tours and use that page in your application.

How long has it been since you last applied? I would wait at least 6nweeks before thinkjhg about reapplying.

Kanchanaburi...
Level Contributor
11 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting my tour business listed

I first applied in July 2012 and since then have sent no fewer than ten emails to TA customer service, to which I have had three automated replies, all of which simply rerouted me to the application page. What does B listed mean? I honestly don't understand the importance or difference with offering one and or multiple day tours but yes my one day tour is prominent on my site. Its the first and most detailed tour description and has accompanying youtube video. So I don't understand what the problem is, or why TA is so bad as communication with potential customers? Anyone else have an answer or fix? I know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting my tour business listed

"B enlisted" is a typo and should read "be listed."

I suggest you reapply, that's really all you can do.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,163 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting my tour business listed

Hi deathrailtours;

This forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is primarily peer-to-peer assistance. TA staff are easily identified by the prefix "TA" before their name, IE – TA Jack or TA Jill and the words “TripAdvisor Staff” below it.

If TA staff have rejected your listing request, there is nothing more that any of us on this forum can do to assist you further, other than suggest re-submitting your request.

Best Regards

Kanchanaburi...
Level Contributor
11 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting my tour business listed

Im just looking for someone who has the same problem and overcome it.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
40,329 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting my tour business listed

If this is tour webpage, you offer one single-day tour. The others are overnights. Your business most likely doesn't qualify for a TA listing because you are primarily a multi-day tour operator.

…homestead.com/all-tours.html

Silvia

Kanchanaburi...
Level Contributor
11 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting my tour business listed

I find it amazing that T/A disqualifies companies that do multi day tours even when they do singles. Do they disqualify hotels that offer multi day accommodation? And they never mention that is a must when you apply on their web page. Makes no sense to me.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting my tour business listed

I suggest you read the listing criteria.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,851 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting my tour business listed

deathtrailtours ~

I had a look at your website. It does not meet the listing criteria in many ways: You need to show on your website:

Official company name (which you have)

Full address and postal code

Published telephone number. It wouldn't hurt to list your fax number and your email address as well.

Company must be open to customers on a regularly scheduled basis. What months and days are you open?

Scheduled departure dates and time must be published on an official website or a printed brochure. What date can I take your day tour, for example? Will you have a day tour available when someone will be in your area on Wednesday April 10th, for example?

Must show place of departure and destinations (you have some information about these)

Your website needs to include all these pieces of information.