We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

When clicking on Problem with this review? on the listing page to report a review, I notice a new report box comes up. However, when you click on a link, nothing happens. Does anyone know if this is a known issue? It seems that a few people have noticed the same problem.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
45,141 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

I managed to open the links to the three routing options but erratically, at least when using my iPad.

Silvia

PS: I honestly don't like the limited options to report guideline violations but that's feedback I'll post later n the HUMTAB.

Edited: 29 January 2013, 14:51
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

I noticed it last night and thought it was a temporary glitch on my computer- now I guess not-no little box to explain ( briefly) what guideline you feel is violated- seems strange and counterproductive... I guess I'll post on HUMTAB too.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

They didn't work for me: Windows 7/FF.

L4

NC
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

Does not work for me.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
1 review
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
5. Re: Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

Looking into this, thanks for reporting!

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
41,878 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

Just been checking if it was working for me on IE9, dont like the new outlay with no box to write in, you only get a list to select from now. Like Sylvia I think the limitation of choices does not bode well....... very bad decision IMPO!!

How does this review violate our guidelines?

Inappropriate language/content

This person already reviewed this business

Not an original review

Not the traveller’s own experience

Off topic or irrelevant

Promotional or commercial content

Review is not consistent with rating given

Submit

Angie.

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
1 review
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
7. Re: Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

While I'm scrambling to take a look-- can people tell us what browsers you are using if this doesn't work? Clicking this link brings up a little window with choices. It would help if you could temporarily disable adblocker (or whatever pop-up blocker you are using) and see if this makes a difference.

Thanks again!

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,583 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

In IE9, I can't vote reviews as helpful or report them as inappropriate; both hyperlinks are dead.

On Firefox, I can vote reviews as helpful, and I see a new & improved "report as inappropriate" interface which gives the usual 3 options. But I see that the "wrong location" option has been enhanced; haven't checked out the other 2 options.

@Angelina52, there hasn't been a box to write in on the English sites for years. The non-English TA sites still have it though, maybe that's what you were thinking of?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,571 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

I'm on IE 8 and what I get when I want to report a review is a box with three choices that doesn't seem to allow me to click any further drop down. If I choose Review Violates Guidelines it seems just to be dead- I generally want to be able to put in another dialog box that the review is for the wrong location and then explain what location is the correct one. This happens all the time here for our town which has many multiples of the same chain motels and I really want to report one for instance that says 'it was an easy walk to the Convention center" when in truth that location is 15 miles away- there is another of the chain that the review should be for- I see no way I can any longer do that- even though I must say it seems TA takes ages to move them , if ever anyway , and in general reviews for hotel chains for our location are a complete and inaccurate mess- I do want to try to help solve it however- now there seems to be no way to even try...up until a day or so ago, I at least could write an explanation and notify someone.

Edited: 29 January 2013, 17:45
USA
Level Contributor
7,077 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bug Report (possibly): Report button on reviews not working

Vote a review helpful worked. Report a review did not. Unable to select among

Review violates guidelines

Review is suspicious

Review posted to wrong location

Macbook, Firefox and Adblock Plus and Adblock Plus pop up blocker. I did not disable the blockers.