We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Remove duplicate name

Lake George, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
281 reviews
Save Topic
Remove duplicate name

I have several reviews under Robert b lake george, ny.

Somehow they have posted a new set with just two under same name and asked me to do more. Note cafe Adirondack review, two in a row by me. Remove the second one. Also has spirit 27. No idea where that came from as well.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Remove duplicate name

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the forum!

The forums are primarily member-driven and I'm not a TA Staff member. I'm just trying to understand the issue and if you could clarify, that would be appreciated.

Are there two Robert B accounts which are both yours or does one have unfamiliar reviews? As far as I know, you can have two friendly profile names the same (someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

For your account where you have duplicate reviews, you can contact TA Staff this way (changes can't be made via the forums):

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/UserReviewSupport

Remove my review

If you could supply a tad more information, one of us can help.

Regards,

L4

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,063 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Remove duplicate name

I think that Robert is saying that he is not both Robert B, but I may be wrong. The user name for each Robert B is different, 123RobertB123 (new account, created this month) and 64RobertB64 (created Sept. 2012).

Both reviews are very similar. Did you post both reviews, Robert or someone else created an account with the same friendly name as yours to post this second review?

If you have two accounts and posted both reviews, then you need to remove one review (following L4's instructions), and then ask Tripadvisor to merge your accounts. Only one account per person is allowed:

…custhelp.com/app/…3D

The 'contact us' link mentioned on the above page is on the left column of the Hep Center (link to it at the bottom of each page, under the green line).

Im afraid I do not understand your reference to spirit 27. I looked for a member with that name but couldn't find any.

Silvia

PS: L4, I'm not aware that anyone can have two friendly profile names, as TA guidelines are one account per person.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Remove duplicate name

Hi Silvia,

No, I didn't think one person could have the same friendly name for two accounts but was wondering if two different people could have the same friendly name. Does that make sense? :-)

L4

4. Re: Remove duplicate name

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 January 2013, 01:03
Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,063 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Remove duplicate name

Oh, I see. I misunderstood. Yes, two people can have the same friendly name.

The strange thing is that both members with same friendly name have the same home town and wrote a similar review of the same business, and were published one after the other.

Silvia

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Remove duplicate name

I'm pretty sure he just has 2 accounts and needs them merged.

7. Re: Remove duplicate name

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 06:15