We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does a new forum get created?

Stokesley
Level Contributor
31 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
How does a new forum get created?

I just wondered when looking at the forums within North Yorkshire and noticed that there is a sub forum for Great Ayton, but not one for Stokesley, both of which are town of pretty much the same size. So I wondered how does a new sub forum get created?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does a new forum get created?

Hi GreedyGreen,

As this is a suggestion to improve the site, I'd suggest posting on the HUMTAB Forum (Help us make TripAdvisor better!):

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12104-Help_us_m…

The Support Forum is for assistance in using the site and it's features and "how do I types of questions. And your question about this is a "how do I". :-)

Just as an FYI, TA Staff do read the threads on HUMTAB but don't often reply. It will be interesting to see if others have some thoughts to share.

Regards,

L4

Edited: 30 January 2013, 18:05
Stokesley
Level Contributor
31 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does a new forum get created?

Oops - that's where I was trying to post. A bit of finger trouble. Thanks, I'll repost there.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,977 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does a new forum get created?

Personally, I saw nothing wrong with you posting your query on this forum as it is about how TA works

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does a new forum get created?

Nothing to oops about. :-) Yes, it could be viewed as being appropriate for either forum...

L4

Edited: 30 January 2013, 20:06
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does a new forum get created?

You just need to ask a question in the forum as I just did!

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g2161235-i27967-St…

All I did was go Stokesley on TA and click on More-Travel Forum and was then given the option to 'Post your question about Stokesley. Our Destination Experts are ready to help.'

The existence of a Stokesley DE is a bit doubtful but the forum was instantly created.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How does a new forum get created?

Thanks mymsman. :-)

L4

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does a new forum get created?

When you are in the regional forum one step above the specific destination there is a drop down menu that says "Jump to a more specific forum".

From the North Yorkshire forum, this drop down does not give a link to the Stokesley forum despite mymsman now creating the first post on it. I assume this is where GreedyGreen was looking.

Perhaps Stokesley will shortly be added to this drop down otherwise I assume the forum may need a few more contributions before this happens.

All destinations that exist on TripAdvisor will have a forum - you can still go to the destination's homepage and access the forum from the drop down menu against the destination's name in the green box at the top of the page.

BTW where a destination doesn't have a DE, it will still show the DEs for the next region up. This is why it appears that Stokesley has 2 DEs - in fact they are the DEs for North Yorkshire.

Edited: 30 January 2013, 20:25
Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,878 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How does a new forum get created?

Stokesley did appear in the drop down list after I made my first post but this is probably a case of the change needing to propagate around all the TA servers and down to the mobile apps which may take a couple of days before everyone sees it.

Quite a few people have already started to sing it's praises!

Edited: 30 January 2013, 21:12
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How does a new forum get created?

Sorry, GreedyGreen, for pointing you in the wrong direction. As I'm not very involved on the Destination Forums, I've learned something new.

Regards,

L4

Essex
Level Contributor
27,616 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How does a new forum get created?

Stokesley is fab, we are planning a TA UK meet-up there any time soon....