We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

London, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Topic
How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

I'm browsing random stuff and clicking to the "add to my trip" but it doesn't give me an option, or doesn't seem to, to specify which trip it adds it to, therefore I get lots of "XXX near XXX" trips created.

Anyone know how to change that?

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,917 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

The newest version of Saved trips is virtually useless and your are probably better of just saving bookmarks in you browser and/or copy details into a Word document.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

Mine`s also useless.

Just one huge list that you can`t turn into anything useful.

Many years wasted making it!

Texas
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

I have the same question. I just clicked on something that I was planning on adding to my San Juan Islands folder. It didn't give me a choice of a folder to add it to, and instead created one entitled "near Friday Harbor". I would like these sort of items all in one folder so that I don't overlook it in the future, as I have quite a few folders saved.

I have tried to find a way to move it into my San Juan Islands folder, but that doesn't appear to be an option.

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,917 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

If you mouse over an entry in your saved list an Edit link should appear in the top right corner. When clicked it should give you options to ' Move to a different trip' and 'Delete from My Saves'

This can be slow and cumbersome if you have a lot of entries to organise into folders. It would be a lot less trouble if we were simply given the option of choosing the correct folder when Saving.

Other websites allow selecting multiple entries and drag&drop to allow items to be reordered and organised into folders and subfolders easily, TA is just clunky.

Edited: 09 March 2013, 19:54
Texas
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

Thanks mymsman. When I returned to my Saved Trips, I found that the previously saved "near Friday Harbor" item plus a saved "near Seattle" item have completely disappeared! So I wasn't able to try your suggestion...sigh! The new update does have a nicer look to it, I hope they work these kinks out though.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,671 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

j'smom ~

I have moved all my saved trips into files of my own making in my Firefox bookmarks and will continue to use bookmarks to save future URLs, and Word to copy and paste any text. The only drawback I see at the moment is they are on my home computer, so I would not be able to access them somewhere else. There must be a way to have my saves accessible remotely, I just don't know what it is yet.

Texas
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

Well, I resaved my "near Friday Harbor" item, and successfully moved it to my San Juan Islands folder. Thanks again mymsman. Hope it stays there!

London, United...
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

It seems to work well if you've only got items for a single trip planned added at a time as the "all" view works well (when simply clicking on add to trip) and whilst bookmarking pages is a reasonable alternative, there is no sync'ing etc and I thought the idea of tripadvisor is to be able to keep things in a single handy place.

Being able to tick multiple items to move to a specific trip would be a good enough workaround for me.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

Please give me back my list.

I spent years saving odds and ends for Europe, Asia and the USA.

Had about 10 folders that fitted nicely on my netbook, it`s now turned into hundreds of disconnected destinations.

Even deleting to bring down the number takes 5 minutes per item and who knows where they go if I manage to move one.

Pretty unfair really as we trusted TA to just allow us to save things the way that worked for us. Knew things were changing and understood it`s never for the better but didn`t realise things would just be mixed up willy nilly.

Leaving for 10 weeks in the USA in three weeks and my saved stuff is totally scattered and pretty useless.

Still trying to make it work when really I just need to let go.

Edited: 10 March 2013, 12:31
Texas
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to move mulitple saved items to a list, or make default?

hugo64, do you have the new version with the map on top or the "streamlined" version they made for those with lots of saves?