We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts moved forums?

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts moved forums?

I do not have a clue if this is the correct place to ask this but I noticed this morning that a certain group of resorts have been put in a different forum and I was wondering if that was a permanent change? It is the Iberostar resorts in Playa Paraiso, Mexico. They have been moved to the Playa del Carmen forum. Doing so, basically wipes out the need for the Playa Paraiso forum and I was curious to know if this was a permanent change?

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,917 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts moved forums?

This doesn't answer your question but Playa Paraiso is a Destination not a Forum. The discussion forum is only one of the components that comprise a destination along with the Hotel, Restaurant and Attractions listings, Travellers articles and so on.

I know I am being pedantic but TA already has many duplicate and confusing uses of terminology.

It is confusing for new and experienced users alike when it is not clear what part of TA someone is talking about.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,959 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts moved forums?

The Playa Paraiso forum seems to be quite active:

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g663501-i11489-Play…

If you're concerned about these resorts being moved from the Playa Paraiso destination to the Playa del Carmen destination, you might try posting on the forums to find out what other TA members think about it. Or if you're confident that TA has made a mistake, I would suggest reading this:

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/241

Then use this form to contact TA and let them know that the hotels are in the wrong location:

www.tripadvisor.com/generalsupport > Listings > A listing has wrong information...

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,400 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts moved forums?

C_W

The OP has already posted on the relevant destination forums

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resorts moved forums?

Thanks for your help. Its not that think they are in the "wrong" location per say, but it really makes no sense to even have a Playa Paraiso forum now that the 5 resorts which were previously included there are now in the Playa del Carmen forum. Not only that, they have been in the Playa Paraiso forum for so long, I am afraid people who go there looking for a particular resort will have problems finding them. Moving them doesn't make sense to me so I was hoping for an explanation as to why they moved these resorts, if in fact it was on purpose and not a mistake.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,400 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resorts moved forums?

Texas

I fully agree and the forums this type have evolved to ask questions and make comments about those resorts

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Resorts moved forums?

Thanks flip. I just realized I wrote "per say" and not "per se." I guess I was typing too fast to realize what I wrote was incorrect.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,959 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Resorts moved forums?

How would you explain this situation to someone like me or a TA staff member who is completely unfamiliar with those areas? Because what you've said so far is just confusing to me. Is "Playa Paraiso" a marketing gimmick, a real place, or what? If it's a real place, and those 5 hotels really should be there, then TA has made a mistake. If it's a marketing gimmick (that is, these hotels have arbitrarily decided to create "Playa Paraiso" where it never existed before, or "Playa Paraiso" describes a style of hotel, or something like that), then I agree, the Playa Paraiso forum and destination should be removed.

In any case, I'm afraid this forum is an unreliable way of contacting TA staff to get their answers to questions like this.

Texas
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,548 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Resorts moved forums?

I get what you are asking CW. And honestly whether it is a place, a marketing gimmick or what, I dont have a certain answer for you. It is a place that exists but whether or not the hotel named it Playa Paraiso themselves I dont have a clue.

The Playa Paraiso forum in Mexico included 5 Iberostar resorts and the golf course which all have the name Playa Paraiso in their names. I don't necessarily think its a marketing gimmick. However, is there an actual town called Playa Paraiso there? No. SInce these resorts have been moved to another forum thus, making the Playa Paraiso forum about nothing because nothing else exists there, they need to remove that forum all together or move the information that is in that forum over to the Playa del Carmen forum.

Basically with hotels in that area if they are not in Cancun proper you could technically say they are all in Playa del Carmen, or the blanket term used for that area is Riviera Maya.

Anyway, it seems like a bad idea to me to move them and it doesn't make sense why the would.

And in response to a previous post of yours yes that forum is active (for now) because that's where everyone goes to find information about those 5 resorts. But now, people will I'm sure, get confused as to where is the right place to ask a question regarding these 5 resorts.

I only think it would be beneficial to move those resorts back to the Playa Paraiso forum, or delete the "whole" Playa Paraiso area/forum since there are no hotels in it now. When you look up the Iberostar Grand Paraiso for example it tells you its in Playa Paraiso, but if you click on a forum it takes you to the Playa del Carmen forum. That will be confusing.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,400 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Resorts moved forums?

C_W

What you basically have is a strip of coastline that has different name for different stretches of the coastline and the resorts within each of these areas have in the main been grouped by TA as certain individual destinations. No different in away that New York is split into various different areas each with their own hotel listing and forum

10. Re: Resorts moved forums?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 April 2013, 07:05