We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor login

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Advisor login

Why do these guys have to make it nearly impossible to get started? I posted an item and it asked me to either set up an a/c or use my Facebook one. I did the latter but then it still wanted me to set up an account with an email address and a password. When I entered an email address it said this was already in use. I give up. I have now lost the post and am totally infuriated.

I admire anyone who has the grit and determination to get going on this dumb site. I bet it won't accept this post.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,115 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advisor login

Welcome, Guy! Sorry you had such a hard time creating your account, but indeed you managed to set up one; otherwise, you wouldn't be able to post on this forum.

What do you mean by "I posted an item"? Do you mean a review of a business or a forum post like this one?

Silvia

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
56,211 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advisor login

Many TA members are not happy with the connection to FB but have learned how to keep the two separate.

Click on the blue print Help Centre link (tiny) at the bottom of the page. Enter Facebook In the search field and read the several articles there about how to make FB behave.

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advisor login

Hi, I have updated my profile with a photo, however it is facing the wrong way round, is this something you can correct for me ? Many thanks Julie

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,115 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advisor login

Welcome to the Support Forum, Julie ! This is a member-driven forum.

I don't believe there is a way to flip a profile photo. You can do it in your computer, save it and the post the portrait version instead of the landscape one.

Silvia

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Advisor login

Thanks I will try that.

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Advisor login

I am also trying to merge 2 accounts, one with an out of date email address, when I tried changing it they said " there is someone else with that address" & password "IT'S ME, IT's ME !!! then said they'd sent a link to my email address--that was the OUT OF DATE one, so I won't get it !

HELP !!

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,115 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Advisor login

Rosemary,

Yes, merging two accounts requires you to confirm via the email for each account that you are the owner by responding to the email. BUT you should be able to discuss your situation with TripAdvisor staff by using the Help Center form:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

In the drop-down menu, pick Sign in & Registration > I want to combine multiple TA accounts. A comments box will open up for you to provide both email addresses and explain that one is no longer active.

Silvia

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
190 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Advisor login

the connection with facebook is ridiculous. I will not be posting any more rewievs - ds999

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip Advisor login

You are not forced to use FB to log in to TA;-)

Edited: 26 May 2013, 15:07
Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,318 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip Advisor login

I've posted lots of reviews and forum posts. I've never signed in through Facebook.

Get answers to your questions