We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservation Cancellation; please help!

Indiana...
1 post
Save Topic
Reservation Cancellation; please help!

Please help me! I just booked a room at a Holiday Inn Express through Tripadvisor and thought I was going directly through HI site. After I confirmed reservation, it said that my card was going to be charged for the rate of the room as deposit, I THOUGHT I WAS JUST HOLDING THE ROOM, I do not have the amount of the room in my account right now and cannot have it charged. Can someone please go to my reservation and cancel it before I am charged?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservation Cancellation; please help!

You will need to contact who you booked with (who charged your card) TripAdvisor doesn't do any bookings itself so they can't do it for you.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,330 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservation Cancellation; please help!

Hi

Wrong forum I am afraid - if you read the “Sticky” at the head of this page it will explain to you what the true purpose of this forum is

Please note TA is not a booking agency so you need to contact whoever you booked though or Holiday Inn direct.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservation Cancellation; please help!

Can someone please go to my reservation and cancel it before I am charged?

------

No they can't because you didn't book it through TA. Any bookings are via an advertiser. Maybe you can work out who that is from your browser history. Though surely it's too late to stop it, it should all be instant.

4. Re: Reservation Cancellation; please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 05:17