We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you get reviews published?

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How do you get reviews published?

I'm relatively new to Trip advisor as far as adding content but I have been a avid reader for years. I have written plenty of reviews but have only had 2 published. I find it very frustrating and a waste of my time. I travel to certain spots a lot for work and have become friendly with some of the establishments and after repeated trips I have said I'll add a review for them. Now it makes me look like a liar. After 1 trip I wrote 6 reviews at the one time and only 1 was published. Is this common?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do you get reviews published?

Reviews can be published in as little as a day, but can also take a few weeks depending on TA staff workload. TA receives an average of 11,000+ reviews per day.

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/when_will_my_review_b…

tripadvisor.co.uk/help/why_do_some_reviews_t…

In case TA sends you a verification email, make sure TA has your correct email address and that no mail from TA gets caught up in your spam filter. You have to click on the link in the email to confirm your review. If you don't click the link in the email within the stipulated time frame your review will be deleted.

TA will stop sending you emails if for any reason they have had email returned as undeliverable. This can be caused by a full inbox or even a temporary internet glitch. TA staff will put a red warning box on this page of your profile along with instructions to fix the problem:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/MemberProfile-cs

Brisbane, Australia
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do you get reviews published?

I got the confirmation emails and clicked on the link the day I received them. But they have disappeared I have nothing pending and this was 3 weeks ago. I'm doubting the bona fides of TA and their methods of approving reviews. Am I just wasting my time.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do you get reviews published?

I suggest you contact TA staff using this web form:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/UserReviewSupport

Select 'Status of my review' and then 'Not listed'.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,888 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do you get reviews published?

>> Am I just wasting my time. <<

No.

As you can see, I've written quite a few reviews. Are you familiar with the review guidelines? Sometimes people inadvertently write something that violates the guidelines.

I see you have a recent review posted March 14. That one looks perfectly fine! I'd suggest you use Hans_DEN's link in post #3 to track down what happened to your other reviews.

Oh, if you wrote them about a hotel whilst staying at a hotel, it is possible the TA system rejected them becasue of the chance that the hotel owners/employees wrote the rivews themselves.

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How do you get reviews published?

Greeting

Is it possible to send the link to register my web site to in order to receive reviews.

Thank you

Edited: 14 November 2013, 16:14
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,539 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How do you get reviews published?

Hi sabbahtoursservices;

Rather than resurrect an old post and changing the topic, proper forum netiquette would be to post your question by starting your own topic, so as not to confuse the replies to the original poster. Also, the original poster may have opted to receive email notifications when replies are posted, telling them to check "their" topic for replies.

Please go back to this forum’s main page where you found this topic and click on the orange "Ask a question" button. You can then post your own question, and receive replies to it.

Best Regards

7. Re: How do you get reviews published?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 05:16