We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please block this spammer!

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Please block this spammer!

The following person: vickyvikasv has been spamming the air travel forum. I had reported all 20 earlier posts as spam and they were quickly removed. However they have just re spammed the message 9 times so far!

I think you need to block them as they aren't genuine.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,486 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please block this spammer!

Hi bionicgrasshopper;

This forum, like all the forums on TripAdvisor, is member driven, peer-to-peer assistance. It is NOT an effective way of contacting TA staff.

You will need to report the spammer TA Staff, via the “Contact Us” link in the Help Centre ?

www.tripadvisor.com/GeneralSupport

First drop down > Forums, Messages and Travel Articles

Second drop down > Help using the forum

Copy the profile URL link and paste it in the message box and send it to TA. TA staff can then take action IE: removing the posts, blocking the IP Address, block and / or close the account.

Best Regards

Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please block this spammer!

Thanks Rescue .... will do. :)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,486 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please block this spammer!

You're Welcome !

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,299 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Please block this spammer!

Completely useless, TA need to get their act together and have a proper link to report spam, this "geeks" reliance on endless menus and links simply discourages "normal" forum users from trying to report these pernicious posts.!!

Essex
Level Contributor
30,414 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please block this spammer!

I asked for something like that quite a while ago, on HUMTAB, But everyone thought I was mad and that it was not necessary.......

Hmmn

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
22,364 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please block this spammer!

I reported this user via the same link mentioned a couple of hours ago and all posts disappeared only for the same user to repost lots more spam later. Isn't the account meant to be 'blocked' when reporting this way?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
26,733 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please block this spammer!

Perhaps the posts were removed by fellow members, not TA staff?

However, TA moderators are only human, perhaps they simply missed blocking the spammer after deleting their posts.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please block this spammer!

Completely useless

----------------------------------------

No, it's not useless. It actually works quite well.

TA staff have posted that they are working on tools to prevent spam.

Greater Sydney...
Level Contributor
19,623 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please block this spammer!

I have reported at least 8 spammers tonight (Aust time) on my regular forums and all were gone within an hour or so, except where some fools posted to the threads.

I also noticed that the poster named in the thread was still around after previous posts were deleted much earlier and think that the observation by C_W at #7 is spot on.

Edited: 09 April 2013, 15:42
Buckinghamshire...
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please block this spammer!

We have another one spamming away now on the air travel forum. What is frustrating is that one TA user, who is doing what they think is best, it replying that they've reported it as spam. But then the topic is just closed and stuck on there. So we have goodness knows how many closed topics now clogging up the boards.