We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Having a hard time with getting my Listing posted on TA

San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Having a hard time with getting my Listing posted on TA

I run a Lodge on the Pacific Coast of Nicaragua and think it would beneficial have a listing on tripadvisor. We previously operated as a vacation rental and have a listing on Flipkey (tripadvisors vacation rental site).

We offer 24 hour staffing including daily on site management, daily housekeeping included in the room rate, we rent 6 individual rooms, with a 2 night minimum stay. We also offer a wealth of services to our guests including shuttle service, surf/boogie/paddle board rental, on-site security, food and beverage, and we are licensed as a "Hospedaje" (lodge in spanish) with the municipal government.

I have now sent 3 applications to list our business on tripadvisor, and all have been denied, with a response saying "Unfortunately, this establishment does not meet the necessary criteria to appear as an Accommodation on our site. You can review our listings guidelines here: " I then look at the criteria and we more the full fill it all.

We would like to remain on the vacation rental site as it is a good way to market to larger groups, but we are willing to forfeit our vacation rental listing if that's whats needed to get listed as a specialty lodging, I think an Inn would be an appropriate category for our business as our front desk is not staffed 24/7.

Needless to say this has been a very frustrating ordeal, and I hope I can find some help by opening this forum.

I have also tried tirelessly to communicate with some sort of tripadvisor costumer service Representative, but it appear they do not exist, neither by phone or email??

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer me HELP,

Tyson Harris

Manager/Owner

Costa Dulce Beach Lodge

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,424 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Having a hard time with getting my Listing posted on TA

Do you have a website for your lodge? I googled Costa Dulce Beach Lodge but didn't find any. You need to include your website (or your Facebook business page) with your listing request, somewhere where TA staff can verify that you offer more than one room and otherwise meet the listing criteria. And, of course, that tourists can find you.

I have seen numerous listings on TA (generally in the Specialty Lodging section) that were also listed on Flipkey or Holidaylettings. In my view, that was problematic as reviewers for vacation rentals are verified, whereas reviewers for a regular room in a lodge are not.

Silvia

Edited: 11 April 2013, 02:20
San Juan del Sur...
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Having a hard time with getting my Listing posted on TA

Thanks for the response. Our facebook page is facebook.com/Costa.Dulce.Beachfront.Retreat… still a work in progress... we are also doing some marketing on airbnb https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/885488 and vrbo http://www.vrbo.com/231794. As you can see from our vrbo and airbnb pages we advertise a per room rate, though vrbo does not make it easy to advertise per room, they would prefer customers to pay for a separate listing for each room...

Cheers,

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,407 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Having a hard time with getting my Listing posted on TA

See posts 13-17 on this thread to read what has been suggested already:

tripadvisor.com/…48741807

I think their property is a collection of bungalows, from their FB page which talks about bungalows and has a photo of 4-5 thatched roof type huts.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,424 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Having a hard time with getting my Listing posted on TA

Bungalows could be listed as specialty lodging. But if you provide TripAdvisor with your VRBO page, obviously they are going to see your listing as a vacation rental and disqualify you.

Your airbnb listing page is confusing. You have a minimum stay of two days but a weekly rate. I can't find a daily rate quoted.

I think you need to start by getting your own web page. TripAdvisor staff are not going to take your VRBO or airbnb page as your web page. Those are listings on other sites. Even if they did, how are TripAdvisor members find your place when googling for your business names only returns hits to competing sites but not a detailed page, with types of rooms, rates, amenities, etc., like most accommodations have?

A Facebook business page works for restaurants and attractions, but I doubt it'll work for TripAdvisor to accept your accommodation business, unless you finish it and in include everything a prospective customer would want to know before contacting you.

Silvia

5. Re: Having a hard time with getting my Listing posted on TA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 06:17