We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tripadvisor almost impossible to contact

Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Tripadvisor almost impossible to contact

Wow, for the most simple comment I have to peruse thousands of anticipated help questions. Literally took 30 minutes to just leave TA a message!

So, here's the comment: I wanted to respond via email to a question from a hotel regarding my review. My email is limited to 1000 characters by TA so when I tried to send it, it just said EXCEEDS CHARACTER LIMIT. So.. since I cannot count my characters in the tiny box, PLEASE add a character counter as most do. I just got frustrated and exited out.

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
59,366 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tripadvisor almost impossible to contact

Many of us have suggested that TripAdvisor put the Help Center link at the top of the page, but unfortunately for us (you included), that isn't one of the changes. You can contact TripAdvisor via the Help Center at the bottom of every TA page. "Contact Us" is in the list at the left.

Drag the bottom right corner of the text box to make it larger.

Send two Private Messages (not e-mails) to the recipient if you have too many characters for one text box. If you want to e-mail the hotel, just use your personal e-mail.

If you'd like to offer your suggestion "add a character counter" to TripAdvisor, the place where TA reads suggestions is the HelpUsMakeTripAdvisorBetter! forum. Many folks already have a character counter as part of their browser.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,721 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tripadvisor almost impossible to contact

That is something new. How are you sending this message, exactly? I ask because I just successfully sent two test PMs just now, one with over 1000 characters, and a second with over 20000 characters.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,721 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tripadvisor almost impossible to contact

Oops, small typo - should read 2,000 characters not 20,000!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
12,789 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tripadvisor almost impossible to contact

Bali junk.

Are you trying to reply to the management response that is attached to your latest review? Or did the owner send you a private message that you are trying to reply to?

Thanks

Noah

5. Re: Tripadvisor almost impossible to contact

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 April 2014, 05:18