We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frustrated!

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
341 reviews
Save Topic
Frustrated!

I posted "TA inconsistent" in the TripAdvisor Support forum, but did not get satisfactory answers/ solutions.

Doesnt TA go through and respond to their reviewers? After all, TA would be nowhere without them.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frustrated!

Forums are primarily member-to-member support and not an efficient way to contact TA staff.

3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frustrated!

Well I feel we need an efficient way to contact TA staff!!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frustrated!

You can use 'Contact Us' in Help Center (link at the bottom of every page).

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,769 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frustrated!

1LifeStand ~

Your other thread was about a topic no one but TA has any control (whatsoever) about. There are many things about reviews, photos, listings - changing, finding, updating, reporting closed, adding, duplicating that remain beyond my pay grade. And from my experence, seem not to have a high priority with TA to improve the process. It does take a fair bit of patience when dealing with listings and their photos.

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frustrated!

User Review and Rating Support requires selection from a drop down of published listings. My issue is with rejected listing requests.

General Support directs you to submit a new review/ listing.

I need to ask why a particular review was rejected. E.g. Victoria Memorial Eye Hospital/ Tangalla Bay/ Maligawila Buddha Statue which I listed under “attraction”. TA rejects them all with the response “Thank you for your interest in listing a business on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately, this business does not meet our submission guidelines. You can review our listings guidelines here” when it is NOT a business!

How can I get TA to reconsider and give me a direct answer. I feel either the staff there do not bother/ cannot understand English/ discriminate against Sri Lanka. Its annoying and FRUSTRATING.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frustrated!

They definitely do NOT discriminate against Sri Lanka (or any other country).

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frustrated!

I would like to think so too, but no one can be 100% sure, after all listing requests are not approved in a mechanical manner but by humans who have biases! Anyway, how do you explain the examples Iv given?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frustrated!

I would guess you have not posted enough information about the places.

Galle
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Frustrated!

I sent them the links such as

Tangalle Bay: www.mysrilankaholidays.com/tangalla.html

Maligawila Buddha Statue: angelfire.com/in4/…maligawila.htm

Colombo
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply