We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Submitted my business for listing, but never heard back

Thimphu, Bhutan
4 posts
Save Topic
Submitted my business for listing, but never heard back

I submitted a listing of my company International Bhutan Travel Services as a tour operator under attraction but did not receive any kind of confirmation email. I then tried again later and it has been at least 2 weeks since I applied the first one. I have not received any communication from TA.

Please help me on this.

Tsheri

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Submitted my business for listing, but never heard back

New listings can take 5-6 weeks. Repeated requests for a listing will only slow down the progress.

Only tour operators that clearly offer day tours - not multi day tours - may be listed.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Submitted my business for listing, but never heard back

I am having the same problem. Even clients try to give me, and with no response. Why does it say 5-7 days instead of 5-6 weeks? I have a legal legitimate business that I would like very much to have listed here, on tripadvisor. How can I help or accelerate the process?

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Submitted my business for listing, but never heard back

Would you post a link here to your business website? Maybe some of us will be able to make an educated guess as to what is delaying it based on what we see there.

New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Submitted my business for listing, but never heard back

http://www.pipelinesurfschool.com/ Any help is appreciated!

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Submitted my business for listing, but never heard back

How long ago did you submit? In spite of what the site may say ( 5-6 days) I think the recent incredible spate of listing requests has made that unlikely except for the lucky few .I have posted here for years and never seen so many businesses inquiring about getting listed. TA may be a victim of it's own popularity. I doubt it would TA 5-6 weeks to make decision in your case( the website is written in English for instance which is helpful) , but I would expect at least a couple of weeks, so I'd advise patience, unless it has been 5-6 weeks already. I hope you have only submitted once as repeated submissions only slow things down. I see nothing obviously difficult about your business from the website, but hopefully a few more experienced in the posting issues will look as well and see what they think. You also should be sure to search TA under your business name every few days. Several people have reported that their business was finally listed , but the e-mail telling them so arrived long after the posting was active.

Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Submitted my business for listing, but never heard back

Looks to me like you are listed

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150807-d4…

7. Re: Submitted my business for listing, but never heard back

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:18