We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong picture

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Wrong picture

I've been informed that a picture I had taken of a restaurant has been used for its profile picture on tripadvisor as it didn't have its own. The problem is that that picture doesn't match the least that restaurant since it's not a pizza place and the image shows a zucchini pizza, which I had eaten in another place. Who should I report this to?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrong picture

Click 'Report as inappropriate' below the photo.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrong picture

Dear Tripadvisor,

I am flattered to receive such a comunication, but I think there has been a mistake. This is not a picture taken from Il Doge restaurant but from Torre 5 in Verona. Il Doge does not make pizza. You better make a correction as it would be a false information. I have published some good photos of Il Doge which I believe could be good enough to represent it.

I am here at any moment to forward again them if needed.

Best Regards

Nadia Marangon

Hampshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Eastleigh, Winchester
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrong picture

The way to report the picture is not via this forum.

You need to click on the photo to get the larger version and you will then see a 'Report inappropriate' link which will cause it to (eventually) be removed.

TA is misusing photos found on the web and only removing them when they are individually reported.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,039 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrong picture

Hi Nadia,

After clicking on Report as inappropriate as others have suggested, you can then select "posted to wrong location". You will then be asked if you know the correct location. When you select Yes, you can then type in the name of the correct location and select the restaurant where your photo should be posted.

Regards,

L4

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
41,208 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrong picture

"I've been informed that a picture I had taken of a restaurant has been used for its profile picture on tripadvisor as it didn't have its own"

If I may ask, why did you upload a photo of a pizza to a restaurant that does not make pizza? You can try responding to the email announcement you received, or I suppose, you can delete the photo altogether although I don't know what would happen as the editors chosen it to be displayed as the main photo for a place that didn't have one.

To remove your photo, go here: www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

Slvia

6. Re: Wrong picture

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2014, 05:18