We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adding Location to post review

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
754 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Adding Location to post review

There are several places I have been, I go to review and it is not listed on TA. Going back to Hawaii and the place we are staying has some reviews on a forum post but not as a dedicated location. How can we get places added to start them getting reviews?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adding Location to post review

What kind of business do you want to review?

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
754 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adding Location to post review

There have been several- there is a yogurt place in my town that has been here for a few years- not on TA, Like I mentioned I would like to really review the place we are going to stay in Hawaii but it is not on TA, however if you google search it there are lots of condo rentals in the development. So- am I just out of luck or do I have to limit it to a forum comment. When I searched for the name of the condo development that- is what came up- forum posts.

Canterbury, United...
Destination Expert
for Canterbury
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adding Location to post review

Hi Claudia,

Vacation rentals work differently, they can only be added by the owners using the TripAdvisor sister sites of FlipKey and Holiday Lettings (once listed the content will then visible on TripAdvisor).

It's maybe a bit borderline whether you'd class a yogurt place as an eatery, perhaps this is why it hasn't been added yet. There's a popular milkshake bar in my city but I've never considered that TripAdvisor has an appropriate category for it. I suppose you do 'eat' yogurt, whereas you don't 'eat' a milkshake.

If you want to try adding it or any other eatery as a restaurant, go to www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ListingRequest?t=Eatery

If you're not sure if a place is already listed then you should instead start by clicking the green "Write a Review" button in the top-right corner.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
754 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adding Location to post review

Bayboy- It is an eatery, with tables and wait staff. I know how to leave a review, I have left over 70 of them. We have rented many condos before and The actual complex is up for review, not the individual unit so you can review location, amenities etc.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
42,033 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adding Location to post review

". We have rented many condos before and The actual complex is up for review, not the individual unit so you can review location, amenities etc."

"however if you google search it there are lots of condo rentals in the development. "

If the condo complex is run as a hotel or as serviced apartments, yes, the building will be listed but single units listed by their owners are listed only by their owners as vacation rentals, just like BayB0y explained.

Silvia

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Calgary
Level Contributor
25,560 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adding Location to post review

TripAdvisor's definition of a "restaurant" is quite broad. I've added a half-dozen ice cream shops in my destination, I'm sure a yogurt shop or a milkshake bar could also be listed. After all, coffee shops can be listed! The only official criteria that TA have for "restaurants" is "We list restaurants that are open to the general public." When you look at the restaurant listing form, you will see that there are options for ice cream shops, delicatessens, bakeries, desserts, etc., in addition to various national cuisines.

To request that TA add a new listing, follow the instructions on this page from the Help Center:

…custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/529

At the moment, it is taking 2-3 weeks or more for TA to add new listings in North American. They are supposed to send you an email letting you know when the listing has been added, but often that doesn't happen. Do a search on the business name to check if they have listed it without telling you.

Hillsboro, Oregon
Level Contributor
754 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adding Location to post review

"If the condo complex is run as a hotel or as serviced apartments, yes, the building will be listed but single units listed by their owners are listed only by their owners as vacation rentals, just like BayB0y explained."

This rental unit is not listed on TA, neither were our last two but the properties all were. In a lot of those reviews people did reference their particular unit number but mostly reviewed the facility and I personally have found this very helpful even if it is not about the unit I am looking at. We spend very little time in our room but a lot on the property.

We also just came home from a long camping trip and stayed at several campgrounds and RV resorts- many which are listed and a few that are not. 1 in particular had tent sights, rv sights, cabins and a full service cafe all around a lovely alpine lake. The customer service was exceptional, everything was so well kept. There is no listing and I would love to give a great review.

Thanks for sending on the link of how to add! Much appreciated.

8. Re: Adding Location to post review

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2014, 05:17