We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long does it take to close an account ?

How long does it take to close an account ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2013, 16:11
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long does it take to close an account ?

Hi

TA does seem to have a backlog just now

Out of interest why do you want to close your account???

2. Re: How long does it take to close an account ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2013, 16:11
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long does it take to close an account ?

if TripAdvisor are going to remove them without reading them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe TA moderators read all disputed reviews before they are removed.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long does it take to close an account ?

Hi again

TA does allow you to write a review based on your "experience" and your review of overbooking and not being allowed to dine at the restaurant would fall into that category

So rather than jump the gun and close your account I would ask TA why the review was deleted

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,615 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long does it take to close an account ?

"The reason given was that I didn't eat at the restaurant." I think the OP was already told why the review was removed.

When writing a review of a experience such as yours, you cannot reviewed what you didn't experience. For example, in your case, once you comment on the double booking and you not being able to eat there, you can then review the food, service or value because you weren't able to experience them. Basically, you can only discussed their poor reservation system.

Silvia

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,486 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long does it take to close an account ?

Perhaps the OP can enlightened us to what their review said / covered

TA can sometimes simply get things wrong

Tenerife, Spain
Level Contributor
17,543 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long does it take to close an account ?

Instead of asking TA to close your account why don´t you just stop posting for a while, perhaps in a few months you may feel differently and can post reviews again rather than starting from scratch.

http://redqueenmusings.wordpress.com/

Boston...
Level Contributor
2,787 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
8. Re: How long does it take to close an account ?

When users ask to close their account due to moderation decision we send it to the moderation team s othat they can re-review the decision. I can see that the review was posted with a rating on the food but you did not eat there. If you resubmit the review without that rating it should be fine.

We really don't want you to close your account. You have a lot of reviews that are valuable to our community. Though I can understand if you still want to remove your account. The User Review team should be emailing you soon, if you reply to that they will send it to me and I will remove your account.

USA
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How long does it take to close an account ?

For others that have lost faith and can not get their account closed, I wonder if this method would be a satisfactory substitute:

1. Delete your reviews using the "Delete my review" option. http://www.tripadvisor.com/UserReviewSupport

2. Delete your forum posts using the "Remove my post" option in the "Report inappropriate content" link in each of your posts until the option is disabled.

3. Change your password to something you can't remember and promptly forget it.

4. Change your TripAdvisor email address in Account Settings to a bogus address.

5. Log out of TripAdvisor.

The user name remains, but no one can use it.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,342 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How long does it take to close an account ?

To add one small but important point to hoogo's post. Wait long enough to see that your reviews and posts have been removed before disabling your account..