We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reporting vacation rental in very wrong location

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,090 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Reporting vacation rental in very wrong location

.....okay, I searched through all the FAQ on the TA Help site and even tried what was suggested but it didn't work......clicking on the map did not bring up the option of reporting the wrong location......

Here it is, if any one wants to give it a go... tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g31005-…

This is actually located in Haines City, Florida....thousand of miles away from Haines, Alaska.....

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,342 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reporting vacation rental in very wrong location

Interesting. That link to the listing shows Flipkey list it. But I clicked on the owner's name, thinking there would be an email address, and found the following page which says Holiday Lettings.

tripadvisor.com/RentalPropertyManager-a_mana…

I expect this would need to be reported to Flipkey and/or HL.

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,615 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reporting vacation rental in very wrong location

It looks like the same property is listed twice. Once by Flipkey, and another in Central Florida by Holidaylettings:

tripadvisor.com/RentalPropertyManager-a_mana…

I suppose it could be reported via the Help Center. There is a Vacation Rentals option.

Silvia

haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,090 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reporting vacation rental in very wrong location

Yes, and there are 29 different questions under Vacation Rentals, but none that I can find which tell you how to report the location as wrong.....

I had thought of contacting the owner by e-mail, but the only way to do that would divulge my private e-mail so I did not.......

I'm not going to waste anymore time on it......

Newton...
Destination Expert
for Newton
Level Contributor
3,486 posts
TripAdvisor Staff  
Save Reply
4. Re: Reporting vacation rental in very wrong location

Thanks all,

It looks like this property was mislocated on FlipKey's site, which caused it to show incorrectly on oursl. We have let FlipKey know and it should show correctly on TripAdvisor in 24 - 48 hours.

Appreciate your letting us know!

Jeanine

Cabarete, Dominican...
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
43,615 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reporting vacation rental in very wrong location

Mombear I reported it after posting here and Jeanine was kind enough to respond by email this morning.

All you had to do is to choose Contact Us > General Support > Vacation Rentals > Other which is the last of the five options. I thought you knew how to go about it. Sorry I didn't post exactly how to go about it.

Silvia

Edited: 13 May 2013, 18:21
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,090 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reporting vacation rental in very wrong location

Expat, I cannot find anywhere that says Contact Us......must be buried somewhere.......

That's the problem when you use if so infrequently that you forget how to find.......anyway thank you for reporting it for me.......and Thank you Jeannine for getting it corrected.......

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,342 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reporting vacation rental in very wrong location

mombeaer ~

That's the secret pathway! Once you know how it works the treasure flows!

Go to the Help Centre link at the bottom of the page.

Contact Us (on the left side)

General Support (again on the left side)

From the field that says "How may we help you?", click and choose "Vacation Rentals."

A second field appears that says "Subtopic", click and choose "Other" (That would be my choice as it allows you to have a message box appear so that you can paste the URL of the relevant vacation rental and type a message.

When you get to the treasure choices, you can click on the one that says, "No more questions about how should we spend our time in our cruise ship ports?"

Edited: 13 May 2013, 19:15
haines, alaska
Destination Expert
for Haines
Level Contributor
7,090 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reporting vacation rental in very wrong location

Well there it is !!.........Like my Dad used to say "If it had been a snake, it would have bit ya"......

For whatever reason I was looking at the bottom of the page.........Thank you for your patient lesson Mufti....hope I don't forget it by the next time I need to use.......

9. Re: Reporting vacation rental in very wrong location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 06:19